Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

New ORBX library file released that fixes Migration issues with new Central version also released

I started the update process by starting the download for new libs to be followed by the FTX central download. My mouth dropped when I saw the size of the download! The estimated time for the download seemed to vary from 30 minutes to 10 hours!!! Fortunately I had not presses the " start install" yet so I cancelled the download so I could find out what is going on.

Thanks for the heads up; like you I don't want to mess up FSX!

Airbus

No reason to go thru that lengthy process at all - this works perfectly if you follow these instructions 

1. Update FTXCentral from inside FTXCentral 

2. Shut down FTXCentral 

3. go to Orbx site under support menu download the libraries from there use the googledrive link - hit download anyway done then install libraries

4. open FTXCentral - Settings - Trouble Shooting - Force Migration - Let it do its thing dont touch nothing until its completley done there will be more than 1 screen so wait

5. Then you can go to: C:\P3D\ORBX\Troubleshooter  launch the MigrationTroubleshooter.exe file as admin bang it wil ltell you if all is well or not - red bad - green good

Rich Sennett

Worked as stated, no issues so far and only took a couple mins  :smile:

Good tip Rich.

JD

Worked as stated, no issues so far and only took a couple mins  :smile:

Good tip Rich.

JD

Welcome Jim - yes pretty painless - seems its working well now - some never really had issues like me but i do notice LC placements looks much better so I guess I had issues just didnt notice it at the time 

Rich Sennett

some never really had issues like me but i do notice LC placements looks much better so I guess I had issues just didnt notice it at the time

[/quot e]

Same boat as you Rich didn't notice anything amiss after I did the migration when it came out, be interesting  to see  the results  after I install the latest libs  and  check he results. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Same boat as you Rich didn't notice anything amiss after I did the migration when it came out, be interesting  to see  the results  after I install the latest libs  and  check he results. 

Yes Pete give it a go wont hurt - seems solid

Rich Sennett

Yes Pete give it a go wont hurt - seems solid

Thx for that Rich just visited ftx  forum  seems  everyone  is  having  success other  than downloading  the libs  ; 0        

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thx for that Rich just visited ftx  forum  seems  everyone  is  having  success other  than downloading  the libs  ; 0        

Welcome Peter I always like to run the latest and greatest - you never know what you might be missing   :wink:

Rich Sennett

Had one short flight without blurries

So far, so good, maybe...

Ran the troubleshooter after upgrading and rerunning the forced migration again.

All is green with it correctly identifying all the regions. However even though it mentioned the European OpenLC product as installed it did not mention NA Alaska/Canada OpenLC whatsoever 

According to the new ORBX Central it shows it in the installed list along with all the other Global products, even though it's  not treated individually in the diagnostic tool.

Has anyone else have that happen, or I should say, not happen?

Kind regards,

Welcome Peter I always like to run the latest and greatest - you never know what you might be missing   :wink:

Nah, What's the fun of that? Watching others put their toes in to see if they get bitten off! Might as well jump in and drown than sit on the side and miss out on all the mis-adventure!

I am most fortunate according to what I see in the link. Mine was all green like I said, except for the missing NA Alaska/Canada OpenLC not mentioning being migrated. Counting my lucky stars, maybe...

All sorts of problems over there and not just blurries either. texture morphing, water tiles etc. I reinstalled ORBX on the old libraries and its picture perfect super sharp textures. Im staying put  :smile:

ZORAN

All sorts of problems over there and not just blurries either. texture morphing, water tiles etc. I reinstalled ORBX on the old libraries and its picture perfect super sharp textures. Im staying put  :smile:

Yeah....that is sounding like a great idea at this point.  I want my sim back.....but now that they have moved to the unified look up, I wouldn't be able to upgrade to the next OpenLC release for North America.  Very frustrating to have a supposed "necessary" item break the sim.    

Chad Griffin

The vast majority of folks are not having any trouble with the new Libs and the migration procedure, including those who had problems with blurries, and not near as many as before.  The necessary item you refer to is hardly breaking the sim.  If you want your sim back, I would recommend you follow the very explicit instructions and run the migration.  Or else get left behind--your choice.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Yep just like it was only 10 people effected and then it grew to the hundreds.

I have 40 ORBX products and only buy during sales so Im right till xmas but only if they implement a roll back...my choice   :wink:

• Upvote 3

ZORAN

I was noticing blurries recently too, what exactly caused this problem in the 1st place? Was it the new unified LC feature in the new FTX Central that caused these blurries?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU