Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

New ORBX library file released that fixes Migration issues with new Central version also released

I have 40 ORBX products and only buy during sales so Im right till xmas but only if they implement a roll back...my choice :wink:

Interesting, just counted mine this afternoon and also have 40, most of them I hardly visit once or twice a year.

Or else get left behind--your choice.

My choice too, I wont upgrade until it is required for new products I want (The other half of LC NA and Germany)

In the meantime since I already have UTX Alaska and Tropical America (with most pw airports), I'll update to UTX USA and Europe.

• Upvote 2

Welcome Peter I always like to run the latest and greatest - you never know what you might be missing

​Hi Rich all good, installed latest libs and ftx central ran the migration again  all green  entries:)

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

All sorts of problems over there and not just blurries either. texture morphing, water tiles etc. I reinstalled ORBX on the old libraries and its picture perfect super sharp textures. Im staying put

Hi Zoran,

With the last fix, it is a lot better, but I find the texture sharpening very slow. it looks like texture popup when they suddendly get crisp.

So my question is how did you revert to the old system ? I would like to be sure.

Do you get rid of the new FTX Central by just installing old ORBXLIB ? Did you reinstall all the textures (FTX GLOBAL)

As the problem seems to be in relation with the new LCLOOKUP, do I have to reinstall ORBX Landclass.

It is very difficult to understand the interaction... In fact ist is very blurry for me  :smile:

Thank in advance for your help.

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

Hi Zoran,

With the last fix, it is a lot better, but I find the texture sharpening very slow. it looks like texture popup when they suddendly get crisp.

So my question is how did you revert to the old system ? I would like to be sure.

Do you get rid of the new FTX Central by just installing old ORBXLIB ? Did you reinstall all the textures (FTX GLOBAL)

As the problem seems to be in relation with the new LCLOOKUP, do I have to reinstall ORBX Landclass.

It is very difficult to understand the interaction... In fact ist is very blurry for me  :smile:

Thank in advance for your help.

Cheers

Claude

Claude, All I did was delete the ORBX folder from within FSX. And then its just like installing ORBX for the first time

You will need to do a full reinstall of all ORBX products except airports ( I think but not sure about airports) but I did it from scratch and in any case its all gone when the folder is deleted

1. Install Global and get the new Central with it

2. disconnect from the Internet and uncheck the box that says " Central updates"

3. reconnect and then start installing everything as you normally would, followed by running the old library

ZORAN

All I did was delete the ORBX folder from within FSX. And then its just like installing ORBX for the first time

Thanks Zoran

Claude Troncy

The vast majority of folks are not having any trouble with the new Libs and the migration procedure, including those who had problems with blurries, and not near as many as before.  The necessary item you refer to is hardly breaking the sim.  If you want your sim back, I would recommend you follow the very explicit instructions and run the migration.  Or else get left behind--your choice.

Don't worry there Mr. Stewart, I did follow the "very explicit instructions" per Orbx.  According to the migration process and the new tool released, everything is in order with my install.  And yes, it is a matter of opinion about when one's sim is broken.  Believe me, flying over Europe with textures which are a blurry mess is definitely not an enjoyable experience.  I'm sure Orbx will address the issue since this new process has caused problems with texture loading while flying.  Maybe for only a small percentage of its customers but since they introduced this "need" to no longer have to switch regions, it is on them to make things right.  

• Upvote 1

Chad Griffin

Yep just like it was only 10 people effected and then it grew to the hundreds.

I have 40 ORBX products and only buy during sales so Im right till xmas but only if they implement a roll back...my choice   :wink:

So you question the posts by folks who had problems with the early migration who now say their problems have been resolved?  And there are most probably many others whose early problems have been resolved as well who are *not* posting.  By all means, it is certainly your choice. 

Don't worry there Mr. Stewart, I did follow the "very explicit instructions" per Orbx.  According to the migration process and the new tool released, everything is in order with my install.  And yes, it is a matter of opinion about when one's sim is broken.  Believe me, flying over Europe with textures which are a blurry mess is definitely not an enjoyable experience.  I'm sure Orbx will address the issue since this new process has caused problems with texture loading while flying.  Maybe for only a small percentage of its customers but since they introduced this "need" to no longer have to switch regions, it is on them to make things right.  

I think we shall have to wait and see if Orbx thinks "it is on them to make things right."  For myself and many, many users of Orbx products, they have indeed made things right.  How they can be expected to troubleshoot each individual's problems with the new lookup system, I think, is an impossible task.  They have provided a solution that works for many, if not all, who were having problems in the past, including blurries, texture loading, et.al.  Are you saying you still have texture loading problems after your latest migration attempt?

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Ran the troubleshooter after upgrading and rerunning the forced migration again.

All is green with it correctly identifying all the regions. However even though it mentioned the European OpenLC product as installed it did not mention NA Alaska/Canada OpenLC whatsoever 

According to the new ORBX Central it shows it in the installed list along with all the other Global products, even though it's  not treated individually in the diagnostic tool.

Has anyone else have that happen, or I should say, not happen?

Bump.

Can anyone shed light on this issue with Alaska/Canada NA OpenLC?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Yes, I have been watching the threads and please don't misunderstand my intentions.  I don't expect Orbx or any other company to troubleshoot each person's flight simming machine/install for local problems.  I am simply looking at this situation as someone who didn't have problems before the new unified look-up was introduced and now, I have a hard time enjoying my sim because of the texture loading problems.  I have installed the new libraries, new FTX central, ran the tool, and everything is in order.  I have tried (again) to delete the contents of the shader folders and the scenery indexes to see if that fixes the problem after the latest migration.  I'm out of for the day but will try another flight later this afternoon/evening to see if the problem has been rectified with the scenery indexes.  Yes, in the past Orbx has made things right and believe me, I (like many) have supported Orbx for quite some time with my wallet.  And, I have no intention of giving up on them.  But, when Ed Correria says this over at the Orbx forums:

"Personally I have not experienced blurries and reports from our testers have also not reported any issues with blurries. Most of us are running good systems with no config tweaks.

No one at Orbx will be investigating as we do not believe that unified lclookup is a factor, sorry to be blunt."

I have reason to be concerned.  If they don't want to acknowledge the issue then I either have to keep looking through the various threads and hope someone finds a solution or re-install my scenery files with the old libraries and end the ride with Orbx.  I don't see any other solution.  Anyway, I'll try another flight later and hopefully things will be rectified. 

• Upvote 1

Chad Griffin

Same here.  Had no problems with the FTX/Orbx stuff until the unified thing.  I don't have an issue with blurries though.  Blurries are simply caused by one thing, high settings.  You are not giving your GPU/CPU time to render the scenery and, in FTX/Orbx cases, a lot of it is photoscenery textures. 

I am having issues around KLAX to get the textures to render north of KLAS and KBUR is totally elevated.  I have Northern and Southern California and the migration went well with no missing files but the area around KLAX is suddenly out of whack even though I have inserted FTX below FSDT KLAX and have made the appropriate compatibility modifications for FSDT installations.  I have removed Northern and Southern California until my blood pressure has returned to normal.  What a mess!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So you question the posts by folks who had problems with the early migration who now say their problems have been resolved?  And there are most probably many others whose early problems have been resolved as well who are *not* posting.  By all means, it is certainly your choice. 

No. I question ORBX.

I do question your motives as I can point you to posts where you staunchly defend JV'S ridiculous assertion that only 10 - 12 people were affected. And here you are again within 48 hours of the latest libraries stating its all rosy again.

Give it a rest Stew

ZORAN

I also have reason to be concerned.

But, when Ed Correria says this over at the Orbx forums:

"Personally I have not experienced blurries and reports from our testers have also not reported any issues with blurries. Most of us are running good systems with no config tweaks.

No one at Orbx will be investigating as we do not believe that unified lclookup is a factor, sorry to be blunt."

That statement is quite disturbing.

Up until the unified LC  support and PR debacle I was very happy with ORBX.

Some devs over there are eagerly trying to help users, but if management decides

this is the way its going to be. I´m afraid I will have to part ways.

• Upvote 2

Yes, I have been watching the threads and please don't misunderstand my intentions.  I don't expect Orbx or any other company to troubleshoot each person's flight simming machine/install for local problems.  I am simply looking at this situation as someone who didn't have problems before the new unified look-up was introduced and now, I have a hard time enjoying my sim because of the texture loading problems.  I have installed the new libraries, new FTX central, ran the tool, and everything is in order.  I have tried (again) to delete the contents of the shader folders and the scenery indexes to see if that fixes the problem after the latest migration.  I'm out of for the day but will try another flight later this afternoon/evening to see if the problem has been rectified with the scenery indexes.  Yes, in the past Orbx has made things right and believe me, I (like many) have supported Orbx for quite some time with my wallet.  And, I have no intention of giving up on them.  But, when Ed Correria says this over at the Orbx forums:

"Personally I have not experienced blurries and reports from our testers have also not reported any issues with blurries. Most of us are running good systems with no config tweaks.

I have reason to be concerned.  If they don't want to acknowledge the issue then I either have to keep looking through the various threads and hope someone finds a solution or re-install my scenery files with the old libraries and end the ride with Orbx.  I don't see any other solution.  Anyway, I'll try another flight later and hopefully things will be rectified. 

How can they acknowledge the issue if they can't replicate it?  Just sayin'.

No. I question ORBX.

I do question your motives as I can point you to posts where you staunchly defend JV'S ridiculous assertion that only 10 - 12 people were affected. And here you are again within 48 hours of the latest libraries stating its all rosy again.

Give it a rest Stew

Yeah, it seems JV exaggerated about the 10-12, to say the least.  But why question my motives?  I only observe what folks are saying over there, that their problems have been solved for the most part.  Contrary to your negativity, most, if not all, folks are satisfied with the latest remedies to their problems.  If you choose not to participate, that's fine, but I would suggest you give your negative attitude a rest.  Everyone might benefit as a result.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I also have reason to be concerned.

That statement is quite disturbing.

Up until the unified LC  support and PR debacle I was very happy with ORBX.

But if this is the way "support" is  going to be. I´m afraid I will have to part ways.

That will bring them undone. I have before and after Pics over there of not just blurries but a complete smudge of landscape and there are countless other posts saying the same. 

However there is a solution! instead of holding customers hostage and destroying their sims , not to mention thousands of lost dollars they could very easily post a link to their previous libraries, however they refuse.

maybe Stew could chime in and explain that ?

ZORAN

Same here.  Had no problems with the FTX/Orbx stuff until the unified thing.  I don't have an issue with blurries though.  Blurries are simply caused by one thing, high settings.  You are not giving your GPU/CPU time to render the scenery and, in FTX/Orbx cases, a lot of it is photoscenery textures. 

I am having issues around KLAX to get the textures to render north of KLAS and KBUR is totally elevated.  I have Northern and Southern California and the migration went well with no missing files but the area around KLAX is suddenly out of whack even though I have inserted FTX below FSDT KLAX and have made the appropriate compatibility modifications for FSDT installations.  I have removed Northern and Southern California until my blood pressure has returned to normal.  What a mess!

Hi Jim.  I got off the unified train, early this month.  I had a recent system back-up, and reloaded that, which was fully pre-migration release.   If Orbx says that they do not believe it is in their corner..then they are completley and fully, full of...****.

I once more have a wonderful, clear, crisp, and textures where they should be (in both FSX/DX10 and P3D v2 and v3)...land class where it should be....as was before the whole unified debacle.  It was a great idea...and I was very excited about it.  In the logistics...it was a serious muck up.  I am totally turned off it...and have no problem changing the regions that I want to fly in.

If I can't use OpenLC North America WITHOUT being forced to put my sim's through the unified grinder...then I shall have to step off the Orbx train at  Pre-Migration Town.  I'm sure that they can release a version of N.A. OpenLC that can be used with the Pre-Migration Central format. If not...then I am a very heavily invested Orbx customer, that will have to let my steady patronage end at this 'train stop'.

I'm not chancing another cluster-you-know-what........and with many, many persons on their Central Forums stating still a mess of problems, and asking how they can go back to the Central configuration that needed region change-ups....so they can have pristine usage once more...it tells me that they do NOT have a handle on this...and are grasping at straws, with customers beta testing the solutions....

What a bummer....

• Upvote 4