Sign in to follow this  
nicker9119

FSX help needed!

Hello flight simmers!

I've been playing flight sim for quite some years now.
And in that time i've been collecting many add-on downloads and hard-ware to suite my flying needs.

Only my problem is that every once and a while, my flight sim gets to messy with add-ons.

Once this happens, the random crashes and freeze's happen.
As you all know, flying realtime from dubai to heathrow, and having to coop with a crash right before landing, isn't always in the best interest of my humor.

About a month ago, I felt the need to play flight sim again, so I uninstalled the version witch was on my computer and reinstalled everything i wanted to use, again.....
Step by step, as it has been written down on the PMDG website.

Unfortunately the crashes started happening quite fast after I reinstalled all my add-ons.

So the last step I could do, is to Reinstall windows, and start from scratch, maybe then I am able to fly crash free again.

Witch got me thinking, I've been to aviation shops more then once, and I see desktops, like mine, and some guy playing flight sim behind it to demonstrate some add-on software.

But they seem to have found a way to get it all working without the crashes.

So my question here is, what in earth's name am I doing wrong?

So I have off course Flight sim X with the acceleration expansion pack.

The CD box versions not the steam version.

With it, I would like to install PMDG 777, active sky next, ezdok cam, Flytampa Dubai, uk2000 london heathrow, AES from aerosoft & my wish is to play it all in combination with FS2crew for PMDG 777.

But I haven't yet bought FS2crew because I'am affraid I wouldn't be able to use it, because of all the freezes I get.

My question to all of you guys is, does anyone maybe have the magic trick for me, to install all my add-ons and somehow, keep FSX still working?

Thanks all for reading! and I am looking forward to your answers! 

Perhaps your computer can't handle what you are throwing at it!  Check through your computer's Event Logs to

see what kind of  errors/faulting modules you are getting.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I can't give you the "magic" answer but I can tell you that using all those addons together should NOT cause any problems, so I think the reason for your random crashes lies elsewhere.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I can't give you the "magic" answer but I can tell you that using all those addons together should NOT cause any problems, so I think the reason for your random crashes lies elsewhere.

I agree - those addons should not cause a problem, assuming you are not using low end hardware.

As you didn't mention that you were getting an out of memory error message in your post, I am guessing your crashes are not due to OOMs, which can sometimes occur when a combination of resource intensive addons cause the VAS usage to exceed the 4GB limit of FSX.

I have a vast number of addons on my FSX setup and thankfully (apart from the odd OOM) crashes are not common. When a non-OOM crash occurs however, the first thing I look for are duplicate AFCAD files, as I have found over the years that these are a very common cause of unexplained crashes. The duplicate AFCADs do not necessarily have to relate to an airport you are flying into or out of to cause a crash, as a duplicate AFCAD at another airport somewhere in the same area can also lead to an unexplained crash. I use the payware program AFX to check for duplicate AFCAD files but I think there may also be freeware applications available to do this. Hope this might be of some help to you, as I know how frustrating unexplained crashes can be!

Bill

Of the addons you described, I would look at EZdok as the problem if you're using Windows 10.  EZdok is an excellent program overall, but there have been numerous reports of problems with it when running on Win 10 in conjunction with anti-virus programs.  Windows Defender must have exclusions set as explained in the main support forum; Norton and other virus checkers are even more troublesome in allowing EZdok to work.  If you're not using Win 10, then ignore this post.  Hope you get it all figured out.