Sign in to follow this  
Denco

The P2A response very very slow all of the sudden

Something weird is happening. 

After constant use for the past week or more I ran P2A today and discover that for some strange reason the program responds very slowly. When I get an order or when I reply the whole minute or more passes before the ATC responds.

EDIT: The slow response was only when I asked for the IFR clearance and all the way till the "readback correct" response.

EDIT EDIT: It happened again afterwards. I asked for a take off clearence and like above waited a minute for a response. The program acted like it froze. There seems to be a problem whenever the ATC needs to plan something.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

So after a bit of investigation I noticed that the cpu usage was howering at around 20 to 40% at times which to anyone that read my impressions thread will sound familiar as it was one of my complaints. I find this strange since I've flew a few flights where cpu usage never exceeded 10%.

There most be something that is causing this. Maybe it's the airport's fault because the last time I had this issue I was at the same airport. Maybe something wrong with the imported flight plan?

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

This happen to me as well.  I haven't been able to pin it down to a certain airport as it has happened several times.  I find that when I start having issues with slow responses I shutdown p2a and restart it.  I tried disconnecting and reconnecting but that didn't seem to help.  I will look a little more closely at my resources the next time that happens to see what the p2a process is consuming.

Thanks for the posts.

A couple of possibilities I can think of could cause this.  If entering / validating a flight plan, longer flight plans will take quite a while for the enroute altitude clearance checks.  And those have to use the internet, so it could be slow when the internet is busy and faster when it isn't.

At larger airports, figuring the taxi route can also seem to take a very long time.

If getting current winds (like when getting takeoff clearance ) the program goes to the internet for weather and if the METAR is not available or the internet is slow, it retries multiple times before giving up.  That could cause a long delay as well.

As you get more detail on when this happens, it will help to see what may be causing it.

Thanks,

Dave

The flight plan was an hour long so it couldn't be that, I think. The airport was a small one ( LJMB ) which is situated in my country:

https://www.google.si/maps/place/Maribor+Edvard+Rusjan+Airport+(MBX)/@46.4757584,15.6836415,14.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x476f7bcbb2d32fed:0x49b93544fd024a33!8m2!3d46.479049!4d15.686566?hl=en

Glad to see you're back Dave :)

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Not back yet.  Just down for maintenance so was able to answer some of the posts.

Even on a short flight plan, if the elevation server is busy or slow, or if the internet is slow, it can cause a long delay.  Same with the weather.

I have hit these delays at times, and then they just disappear, leading me to believe they are the result of slow internet connection for a moment or a slow response from the server.

Dave

Something weird is happening. 

After constant use for the past week or more I ran P2A today and discover that for some strange reason the program responds very slowly. When I get an order or when I reply the whole minute or more passes before the ATC responds.

EDIT: The slow response was only when I asked for the IFR clearance and all the way till the "readback correct" response.

EDIT EDIT: It happened again afterwards. I asked for a take off clearence and like above waited a minute for a response. The program acted like it froze. There seems to be a problem whenever the ATC needs to plan something.

Yup...I haven't checked my outgoing, but I suspect P2A is phoning home or elsewhere...as if a server...not responding...I got an "unresponsive" for quite some time...

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Not back yet.  Just down for maintenance so was able to answer some of the posts.

Even on a short flight plan, if the elevation server is busy or slow, or if the internet is slow, it can cause a long delay.  Same with the weather.

I have hit these delays at times, and then they just disappear, leading me to believe they are the result of slow internet connection for a moment or a slow response from the server.

Dave

That could explain the program delays but no the resource usage. Having a flight where P2A only uses less than 10% of cpu than another where it randomly shots up to 40 is weird. 

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

I have been upgrading my PC and it's up and running at this point first I have to contend with a new activation from windows even though the previous version I have Windows 7 was not an OEM rather a purchased version for a home built.

Now I'm getting the same message saying that I have an invalid registration for pilot2ATC and yes I understand that it's keyed to the hardware...I have a new motherboard,CPU and video card.

Please advise

Thanks,and have a wonderful day!

Chas

(iPD)

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2