Sign in to follow this  
rspenmoll

Graphics don't load properly after closing save flight and other menu item dialog boxes

I have been experiencing a problem for a while that has gotten worse lately. If I pause a flight to open a menu dialog box such as the map or save flight dialog box, once I close the dialog box to resume the flight, oftentimes, the graphics will not load properly. Some times no graphics load and there is just audio, while other times some textures load and others do not. This usually does not happen when loading a saved flight for the first time after loading FSX. The problem is more severe and frequent with more resource intensive aircraft than ones that don't demand as much computing power. In default aircraft and add on aircraft with smaller file sizes, the issue happens only occasionally and usually can be corrected by opening and closing a menu item dialog box again. However, add on aircraft that are bigger files, it happens constantly and can only be corrected by closing and reopening the software. I highly doubt this is a memory issue however as my system has 16 GB of RAM and the issue persists even with display settings at minimal. I am not sure if it is connected, but around the same time this issue started, I also started experiencing occasional, albeit infrequent, crash to desktop errors. I think, although I am not certain, that both issues only started after I upgraded to Windows 10. I would appreciate advice from anyone who can speculate as to what might be causing this issue.

FSX can only use 4GB of physical memory.  The memory that it uses is VAS memory.  (I'll let you Google that!)

It's time to check your computer's Events Log to see what kind of errors/faulting modules your are getting that

cause the CTDs.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

FSX can only use 4GB of physical memory.  The memory that it uses is VAS memory.  (I'll let you Google that!)

It's time to check your computer's Events Log to see what kind of errors/faulting modules your are getting that

cause the CTDs.

here is the data from the event log

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.2.10586.212, time stamp: 0x56fa2107

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0004d235

Faulting process id: 0x1490

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1dc8adbe39444

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll

Report Id: 7c79c6e9-ce03-4f11-83b4-fea73c5edd95

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

You are getting UIAutomationcore.dll errors, put the UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 or UIAutomationCore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386 in your main FSX folder.

Nowhere else. FSX will find it there and use it, without affecting any other programs

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?259469-FSX-fatal-error&highlight=UiAutomationCore

Put this UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 in your main FSX folder. Nowhere else.
The sim will look for the file there first and run it for FSX only.
Other programs that need the Version: 7.0.0.0 uiautomationcore.dll will still have the one in system files and not be affected

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You are getting UIAutomationcore.dll errors, put the UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 or UIAutomationCore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386 in your main FSX folder.

Nowhere else. FSX will find it there and use it, without affecting any other programs

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?259469-FSX-fatal-error&highlight=UiAutomationCore

Put this UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 in your main FSX folder. Nowhere else.

Other programs that need the Version: 7.0.0.0 uiautomationcore.dll will still have the one in system files and not be affected

Thanks, will that fix the problem I have been having with graphics and textures not rendering too?

Unknown until you try it!  You may have multiple problems.

Charlie Aron

This appears to have solved both problems thank you so much.

Glad to hear it solved the problems!  Happy flights! :smile:

Charlie Aron

This appears to have solved both problems thank you so much.

I spoke too soon. The new dll file solves the problem of graphics not displaying/rendering when closing a dialog box, but the issue still persists when restoring the software window from being minimized. Does anyone know how to fix this?