Sign in to follow this  
fchiquero

Fuselage too shiny

Hi,

Amazing product and incredible level of system replication however I would like to know if there is something I could do to make the skin of the airplane less glossy. It is too shiny, at least for my liking, and I have surfed the web looking for answers only to find some something about alpha layers and other stuff I know nothing about. I think that a more matte look would give it a more realistic appearance.

Any help would be gretaly appreciated.

Thanks

FCC

I think that a more matte look would give it a more realistic appearance.

You're entitled to your opinion, though as someone who's worked around aircraft for decades now, I'd argue that it's entirely subjective since aircraft are in various states of wash...

Either way, you can either request a repaint, or ask for advice in the painter's forum:

http://www.avsim.com/forum/200-the-paint-shop-the-aircraft-painters-forum/

FCC

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

The glossy effect I perceive applies to every single repaint because it is related to the metal reflection not a specific livery.

I have been around a/c as well for a while now (40 y/o) so I can tell it either in reality or in FS98/FS2000/FS2004/FSX that toning down the glossiness would make the ship more realistic.

I will post my question in the painters forum tomorrow after I have done a search to find if there is a similar topic.

Luis Francisco Chiquero Caballero

A320 First Officer

easyJet

Paris Orly

• Upvote 1

It is probably the alpha channel which needs altering to make the plane less shiny.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks HighBypass. I do not have the knowledge to start working and mess around with areas more suited to painters or developers so I have decided to fly only liveries that mitigate that shine, even if that means leaving in the hangar my classy United Airlines "battleship grey" or Air France (planes that are always dirty, no offence intended).

Good flights!

Luis Francisco Chiquero Caballero