Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Did anyone see what's up at Aerobask?

They're doing an HD version of the Pipistrel with GTN750/650!

http://www.aerobask.com/panthera.php

Also in September they are hopefully adding SIDS/STARS to the Epic Victory and E1000.

Exciting news!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

That's is excellent news.  I wonder how will this GTN compare with the Flight1 version.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

It's looking pretty good too. Pretty sure the GTN's are mainly just for the radios and transponder, but I did make a suggestion to them that some of the utilities, especially the VCALC page, would be great to have. The Pipistrel is the only Aerobask item I don't have, but I'll likely pick it up once it's done.

The SIDS / STARS will be absolutely awesome to have in the Epics... looking forward to it!!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I think they wrote that the GTN will have sids/stars too - I just asked if that means IAP's as well.  I understand how complex that thing must be to code but the point of the GTN is the map and easy to load procedures.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I guess you're right - no IAP's

Ugh - beautiful glass cockpit with no GPS approach support? Odd...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I guess you're right - no IAP's

Ugh - beautiful glass cockpit with no GPS approach support? Odd...

Well, perhaps one day they'll get there. 

I had no idea they were even doing a map on the GTN. I figured that since they're putting the skyview units in there, that the GTN would just be mostly cosmetic. To be honest, I can't see any developer on any platform doing the full GTN from scratch without doing the sort of link to the actual Garmin Trainer such as Flight1 does, or how RXP did for the 530/430.  I would think that there's just too much complexity.

In the meantime, what they're showing off is still nice. I do hope they include the VCALC page too, I use it quite a bit on my GTN equipped aircraft in FSX.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Yeah I don't want to detract from the amazing avionics they have created - I have the epic victory and the sky view is really nice!

But basically these aircraft are /A flyers only meaning it's difficult to do online flight using the FPL functions (it's labor intensive to enter and amend waypoints), and you can't load approaches.

For a plane that does 198 KTAS at 75% power, I'll probably buy the Pipistrel anyway to support them. But I figured there was a way to tap into the default navigation database and select approaches. I think sids/stars is overkill for the Pipistrel - better for the two Epic products.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the heads up! Great news.

I was wondering what my next big X-Plane surprise would be after the IXEG B737-300 and PMDG DC-6B. Well, this is it. Quite an interesting development. Thanks again.

Jim Morgan

Yea, It'd be nice to have the real GTN functionality regarding approaches.

I'm curious - I've never tried, but I've noticed that the Skyview equipped units will load up with whatever flight plan I was last using, regardless of what the flight plan was entered in. I wonder what would happen if one setup the default GPS as a 2D gauge, and used it to select an approach? Might have to give that a try tonight.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Nice, I see they are putting engine data in the PFD, I wonder why they didn't in the Epics.

Alexander Colka

Nice, I see they are putting engine data in the PFD, I wonder why they didn't in the Epics.

Because the Dynon in the real E1000 does not display engine data on the PFD. It's mentioned in the manual. On the Panthera, it does.

Regarding a comparison to Flight1: Hardly possible to match. Flight1 uses Garmin's real trainer and "only" connects it to FSX/P3D. Here everything has to be created from 0 to x%.

Regarding "tapping in" the GNS430: You cannot directly access any features of the GNS for other avionics. The GNS is closed, it does not allow access to any advanced features. The only thing you can use are the navdata, but you have to program code that reads, loads and displays approaches from scratch. It's the same with SIDs/STARs. That's why it takes a lot of time and effort.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir