Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

RTH not working 10.50b6

I should have started a new thread sorry:

Speaking of RTH...  that and my flywith lua plugin is kaput with the latest beta....  is that happening for everyone?

I'm getting these lines at the first load and a red message of Lua Stopped!

RTHluastopped.jpg

I did run into this thread but that doesn't seem to work for me.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/105030-rthlua294/

Also can someone tell me what I'm supposed to have in my script folder?  What is normal?  I've got tons of files now and I'm all mixed up.  A screenshot of your scripts folder would be appreciated!

Also if I just delete everything related to RTH in the scripts folder and install the base files I get this uber thick fog....

uberfogrth.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Its working for me. You need to modify some lines in the 10.45 file named RTH.lua to adapt it to 10.50 version. If you dig in the beggining of this page:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/22387-real-terra-haze-for-flywithlua/

you´ll find a file named RTH_10-50beta.lua. Rename it as RTH.lua and copy it overwritting the one you have on X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\FlywithLua\Modules\ It should work.

And as for the files that should be in X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\FlywithLua\Modules and X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\FlywithLua\Scripts, its easier if you simply install RealTerraHaze4.0_win_exec.exe (in case you use Windows) inside an empty folder and see what are the files installed for yourself. Its simply test and error.

Hope it helps.

• Upvote 1

Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz ; Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i GT ; Mb Asus Maximus VIII Hero ; 240Gb SSD Kingston SSDNow V300+ 2TB SSD Samsung EVO exclusive for Prepar3D v3.2 + 2xSeagate 6TB SATA3 64MB ; 32GB DDR4 2400 G.Skill Ripjaws V Red ;  

Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB ; 48" TV Samsung HW-7500 Curved UHD 60Hz 

Can you share the install file? I seem to have lost it?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can you share the install file? I seem to have lost it?

Hi Ryan,

PM me.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Its working for me. You need to modify some lines in the 10.45 file named RTH.lua to adapt it to 10.50 version. If you dig in the beggining of this page:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/22387-real-terra-haze-for-flywithlua/

you´ll find a file named RTH_10-50beta.lua. Rename it as RTH.lua and copy it overwritting the one you have on X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\FlywithLua\Modules\ It should work.

And as for the files that should be in X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\FlywithLua\Modules and X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\FlywithLua\Scripts, its easier if you simply install RealTerraHaze4.0_win_exec.exe (in case you use Windows) inside an empty folder and see what are the files installed for yourself. Its simply test and error.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Jose for the file

Luke, with the 10-50beta.lua file, after renaming it, are you sure it goes in the Modules folder?  I thought it might go in the Scripts folder to replace the original RTH.lua file.  I don't have a pre-existing RTH.lua file in my Modules folder.

edit:  I got it now weeee!  I had to place the renamed file in the SCRIPTS folder and not the modules folder...  My path:

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Yes, it's in the scrips folder.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Actually it looks like I'm missing some files...

What files are in everyone's module folder related to RTH?  I only have these two.

luamodules.jpg

I can change light settings in RTH, but the sky colors and ground colors really don't change - for instance I used the settings in this thread

http://www.avsim.com/topic/488982-real-terra-haze-x-plane-10-some-guidance-please/#entry3425649

And the change was basically no change at all.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Yes, it's in the scrips folder.

Yes, sorry, my mistake. Its SCRIPTS folder. I realiced it was wrong later, but I cant find how to edit the post. :-(

Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz ; Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i GT ; Mb Asus Maximus VIII Hero ; 240Gb SSD Kingston SSDNow V300+ 2TB SSD Samsung EVO exclusive for Prepar3D v3.2 + 2xSeagate 6TB SATA3 64MB ; 32GB DDR4 2400 G.Skill Ripjaws V Red ;  

Actually it looks like I'm missing some files...

What files are in everyone's module folder related to RTH?  I only have these two.

luamodules.jpg

I can change light settings in RTH, but the sky colors and ground colors really don't change - for instance I used the settings in this thread

http://www.avsim.com/topic/488982-real-terra-haze-x-plane-10-some-guidance-please/#entry3425649

And the change was basically no change at all.

That MODULE folder you have is correct. Same files here. Check SCRIPTS folder. You should have there at least the files "3D head positions.lua" "dazzle.lua" "RTH.lua" "RTH_prefs_1.txt, RTH_prefs_2.txt, RTH_prefs_3.txt, RTH_prefs_4.txt" and "zzz_viz.lua".

Good luck.

• Upvote 1