Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

How to change the tilt of a VC?

I know how to change the views in a VC , forwardsand backwards, left and right, up and down . But is there a way of changing the downwards tilt?I find that in some VCs ( the default DC3 is an example) , you cannot see the gauges needed to fly the a/c unless you either zoom right back or tilt the view downwards. This tilt does not remain however whn you hit the space barAny ideas?Thanks Barry

Yes- it does , but the change is not permanent. As soon as you hit the spacebar, the default forward view returns. I want to make a permanent change to the forward VC view -- tilted downwardsBarry

Guest Vilk

{VIEWS}VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=10.000, 0.000, 0.000...in panel.cfgthe 10.000 is degrees tilt down

Guest Vilk

ah, people will believe everything these days...i guess easier to believe than to verify;-)

AAAGH!!! I apologise profusely!! I have altered that line in the Panel.cfg in the distant past when I used to fly Fs2002 -- to alter the angle at which the external view forward is seen from the 2D panel.. But I did not realise that it altered the viewing angle INSIDE the cockpit in the VC.Now that I fly exclusively from the VC in FS2004 ( 2D panels are so unreal now after using the VCs) , this is a major discovery for me . Thank you - thank you!! :)Barry

Guest Vilk

really glad i could be of help... no need to apologize at all :-)for some strange reason model makers insist on placing the viewpoint where the pilot's eyes would be in real life, which tends to be fairly useless in the simulated tunnel-vision virtual cockpit. i usually find myself moving the viewpoint up a few inches, back a couple of feet and tilting the view some 10 degrees down to be able to approximate my real-life scan with no thumb work

This is very true -- but unfortunately, changes to these 3 setting will only change the eye position longitudinally, laterally and vertically. They will not change the angle up or down at which you see the VC -- for this , you need to change the setting in the panel.cfg file as discussed in this thread. Combining what can be altered in the aircraft.cfg file and the panel.cfg file, you can place your eyepoint and viewing angle to anything you want.Barry