Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

Undocking windows gives hugh FPS drop

I didn't really notice this in P3.2 but when I undock a window such as the GPS or FMC units the frame rate rate drops markedly.

I have the FPS set to 30 via NI and when I undock a window the FPS drops down to fluctuate anywhere between 10 and 15.

It is the same whether in windows mode or full screen.

I thought that I read somewhere that 3.3 is supposed to be good in this respect.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Steve Hall

Are you using sli? I noticed huge drops when doing that with sli.

Chris

No. I'm using a Titan GPU with 2 monitors.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Not a bit of change here with three windows undocked.  Using i5 @ 3.4 and an Nvidia 650 Ti Boost!

I use Full Screen Borderless Windowed mode. No framerate change on my system.(P3D v3.2)

GPU 980ti SC with 4 monitors, one being a touchscreen for the GTN and AP.

I saw this happening this morning. I opened up an outside-locked view and my fps dropped from 30 to 5; closing this view brought the FPS back to 30. I've never had this happen before (P3d 3.3.5).

Frans

I dont have this issue but recall it might be the limiter thats causing it.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Are you using Rivatuner to FPS limit? Someone mentioned that specifically caused the exact behaviour. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Are you using Rivatuner to FPS limit? Someone mentioned that specifically caused the exact behaviour. 

No I am using NI. Might ditch that and see what happens.

Edit: NI was the problem. I had heard that NI could be a little hard on FPS but I had no idea it was that bad. I now need to find a new limiter or is one really needed in 3.3?

Cheers

Steve Hall

I am just setting the FPS to 30 in P3d, and have done so for months without framerate problems; it seems to have started today.

Frans