Sign in to follow this  
ianf

Hawker 850XP or 525A Citation CJ2?

Seriously considering purchasing the Hawker 850XP, however also like the 525A Citation CJ2 which hasn't long been released. I know there are a few issues with both of these regarding true system functionality and minor bugs etc.

Anyone out there purchased both of these models and can give me any recommendations?

Which one of these handles best, has better system functionality etc?

Thanks

Ian

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I'd just go Eaglesoft Citation X and forget all about incomplete, dysfunctional and buggy carenados.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hi Ian's

I have them both in FSX and P3Dv3.3

They fly well and full functionality in P3D but "stutter" in FSX-too demanding?

See Carenado Support.

If you had a P3D system -should be OK.

xxd09

Thanks for your feedback. I currently use FSX-SE and mainly fly PMDG aircraft so probably been spoiled with their attention to detail. With the Hawker has the initial problems been sorted? I'm referring to things like the FMC where you're way points dissappear if you select the departure airport. And if level change is selected the altitude selected is always busted? BTW have looked at the Citation but it seems kinda outdated now.

Thanks

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Thanks for your feedback. I currently use FSX-SE and mainly fly PMDG aircraft so probably been spoiled with their attention to detail. With the Hawker has the initial problems been sorted? I'm referring to things like the FMC where you're way points dissappear if you select the departure airport. And if level change is selected the altitude selected is always busted? BTW have looked at the Citation but it seems kinda outdated now.

Thanks

I would go with CJ2 they need to update Hawker - as for flc all Carenados work if you just use VS to get to altitudes  - CJ2 is great so will Hawker if they update it 

Rich Sennett

I would go with CJ2 they need to update Hawker - as for flc all Carenados work if you just use VS to get to altitudes  - CJ2 is great so will Hawker if they update it 

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your feedback. I have been doing a lot of research on these products over the last few days (mainly reading through these Caranado forums). I am leaning towards the Hawker 800XP, only because I really like this jet both inside and out. I like the cockpit layout and the fact that all the autopilot selectors are easily visible and adjustable (for example on the CJ2 the altitude knob is located down by the FMC). I am not sure if Caranado are planning to release any further updates for the Hawker due to the length of time it has been released, however if I knew for sure it would give me a bit more confidence in purchasing the Hawker. I guess its safer to go for the CJ2 and there is a lot more chance of more updates being released for the CJ2 now, however its just not quite so appealing to me as the Hawker.

I did read that a small group of developers have been working on some mods to improve the functionality of the CJ2 and install the Flight1 GTN750 in the VC. This has been released, however I would be more interested in the Non GTN750 mod which has not been released yet (and not sure if it will be).

Regards

Ian

Ian Friend

Neither jet is great without the GTN.  The PL21 in both jets is sub par (well I guess it's par because there is no other PL21 sim at the moment).  If you're intent is to fly offline you'll be fine.  If you fly online and want to have RNAV (FMS) functionality - forget it.

I do prefer the Hawker though, a bit faster.  And I like the button mashing that I can perform  on the overhead panel - makes me think I'm going to fly a high fidelity sim lol.  With the GTN mod the Hawker is basically the best looking / semi functional systems bizjet out there.

I like the ES C750, and have it installed - but the graphics... eek.  Flight1 made a P3D "port" of their lovely C510 - I don't have it because their G1000 glass still hurts my fps.  Also the C510 is a classic slowtation...  their King air 200 offering is almost as fast in cruise.  Other than that you've got some middle of the road stuff with ok systems like the Lionheart Lear.  The Flysimware Lear, I've heard, has excellent systems, but again, the looks aren't spectacular.  And since PMDG refuses to do a bizjet, we'll have to wait for ES's new C560+ or the Milviz Lear 60XR (which will be a while - PL21 is quite complex).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Unfortunately, Carenado + avionics is almost an oxymoron..

These airplanes look great, but they need an avionics upgrade to be usable.

Hence, our collective efforts to shoehorn a very capable Flight1 GTN 750 into the cockpit.

This combination actually is the best of two worlds:  Carenado look and feel, and Flight1 functionality.

Having said all that, my favorites are the Hawker and Phenom 300.

The Citations are a bit "dated", but that is what other pilots treasure in them..

Bert

Yep and without your mods, Bert, I wouldn't be flying any of them!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |