Sign in to follow this  
lencarne

Taxiing

I am using easydok  with PMDG737NGX . Would be really useful to have a separate window in plan view of the aircraft as it taxis around the airport so you can find your way around. Has anyone any ideas how to do this?

BTW anyone out there remember the old Dos program AS2 by Simon Hradeki - great sim and that had the airport map feature too :)

Has anyone any ideas how to do this?

Left Bracket    [    allows you to open a new sub-window. You can then click on that window and use the S key or right click menu to change it to an external or top down view.

Either way, this is more of a basic FSX question and less of a PMDG-specific one.

Kyle Rodgers

Left Bracket    [    allows you to open a new sub-window. You can then click on that window and use the S key or right click menu to change it to an external or top down view.

Either way, this is more of a basic FSX question and less of a PMDG-specific one.

Problem is ezydok uses the s key, but the right click I will give a try tho off to bed now, thnx Kyle

Half those key assignments in FSX/P3D, you'll never use.  Go through and remove the ones you don't need and reassign as necessary.  That's what I did.  I think I use 10 or less on the keyboard for minor things I didn't want to remove (e.h., ATC window, brakes to disarm autobrakes quickly or set parking brake, F1 for idle, rudder assignments for Dash 8).  Everything else is EZCA (EZDok) related or on yoke.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Half those key assignments in FSX/P3D, you'll never use.  Go through and remove the ones you don't need and reassign as necessary.  That's what I did.  I think I use 10 or less on the keyboard for minor things I didn't want to remove (e.h., ATC window, brakes to disarm autobrakes quickly or set parking brake, F1 for idle, rudder assignments for Dash 8).  Everything else is EZCA (EZDok) related or on yoke.

That's actually a very good point. I routinely go through and delete the default key assignments any time I install the sim, so I totally forgot about it.

Kyle Rodgers

That's actually a very good point. I routinely go through and delete the default key assignments any time I install the sim, so I totally forgot about it.

Why don't you save the assignments or lack there of to a file and just reload them after each install??

Josh

Cheers Josh Cliff

Why don't you save the assignments or lack there of to a file and just reload them after each install??

I never really checked for the file. I reinstall about once every 5 years, so apart from ripping out the commands when I installed FSX, FSX:SE, and P3D on my new build last year, the last time I did it was back in 2010 when I had different commands/hardware anyway. To me, it's a good time to build everything from scratch, just in case a better way can be found for new hardware/controls, and so on.

...a blank file though...that's actually a good idea. Thanks Josh!

Kyle Rodgers