Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Alabeo PA-44 Seminole released!

I'm still in shock over the fact that Alabeo delayed release of this in order to add steam gauges to the cockpit based on customer requests. Bravo Alabeo and thank you. I have been waiting a long time for a quality twin trainer for FSX/P3D, I can't wait to get done with work today so I can try this out.

Based on the promo pictures, it appears the GTN750 is not installable when using the steam gauge option (?) on the pilot side. That would be the idea setup --- steam gauges left, GTN750 right ??? What say??

Thanks.

I did a couple of quick test flights. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect from Alabeo, except you can hit Shift-4 to bring up the aircraft configuration panel and toggle between steam and glass instruments on the fly. I love that they gave us the option for both and I like the way they implemented it.

The GTN750 is definitely installable when you have the steam gauges, it goes in the middle of the panel replacing the GPS regardless of whether you're using the steam gauges or glass.

Hello Wing -  OK, thanks for the input on the panel configuration. Think I will pick it up for the hangar :smile:

Cheers!!!

I too applaud them and commented on their improved level of listening to their customers and giving them what they ask for, bravo for sure!!  I picked it up yesterday and gave it a very quick flight just before heading out the door for vacation with the family.  At first glance I was impressed with the flight dynamics, appearance as always, and this time the sounds because it seems as  though it's in the ball park as to what a Seminole really sounds like.

I know Alabeo/Carenado has taken a "beating" in the past but i think we really should cut them some slack for at least putting forth efforts to improve over this release as well as a few of their other recent releases.  I'm hopeful that one day, maybe, they'll have their very own support forum. However, in the meantime, not even the best of the best( A2A, Orbx, Milviz) don't have releases which doesn't require some type of support assistance.  Please note I am not putting Carenado in the elite category with these guys, but certainly trying to highlight more of the good things they've done lately as opposed to the not so good of the past.

Gary

I know Alabeo/Carenado has taken a "beating" in the past but i think we really should cut them some slack for at least putting forth efforts to improve over this release as well as a few of their other recent releases.

In my opinion, a well deserved beating.  These guys have it made.  They are raking in the money creating pretty pictures and then depending on the community to fix all their errors that they can't or won't fix.  Right, even A2A, Orbx, Milviz, PMDG, etc have bugs.  It's impossible to get software perfect.  But, at least these companies fix their bugs and don't move on until they are fixed.  They don't continue to sell products on their same broken code for years upon years while the community keeps picking up their slack.  This might be ok if they charged half of what they do.  But, man, they are close to Majestic prices on some of their products and, at least to me, Carenado do not deserved to be mentioned in the same breathe as Majestic or any others mentioned now in this thread.

It sucks that it's these guys who come out with this plane.  I'd like to get it because it's what I did my multi engine training in so I have a soft spot for this aircraft.  Just can't stomach the idea though of giving these guys any of my money.

• Upvote 4

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I did a longer flight last night and discovered there is no way to select autopilot altitude when using the steam gauges. You have to hit the ALT key when you're at your desired altitude to capture it. The Alabeo Saratoga has a very similar cockpit but has an altitude alert/select panel; the Seminole has only an annunciator panel. I looked at a few images of modern Seminole panels and this seems to be accurate. When you have the G600 enabled you have the option to dial in the desired altitude through it, although I personally much prefer the steam gauges. It'd be convenient to have the altitude selector although I think in the long run this is something I can easily learn to live without. Fortunately the Seminole hand flies beautifully.

I've noticed with the G600 enabled I lose about 5 FPS.

In my opinion, a well deserved beating....

Please don't take this thread off topic.

Not sure if is a bug or user error

Getting zero amps reading in the paired ammeter gauges in the lower left in the VC

In my opinion, a well deserved beating. These guys have it made. They are raking in the money creating pretty pictures and then depending on the community to fix all their errors that they can't or won't fix. Right, even A2A, Orbx, Milviz, PMDG, etc have bugs. It's impossible to get software perfect. But, at least these companies fix their bugs and don't move on until they are fixed. They don't continue to sell products on their same broken code for years upon years while the community keeps picking up their slack. This might be ok if they charged half of what they do. But, man, they are close to Majestic prices on some of their products and, at least to me, Carenado do not deserved to be mentioned in the same breathe as Majestic or any others mentioned now in this thread.

It sucks that it's these guys who come out with this plane. I'd like to get it because it's what I did my multi engine training in so I have a soft spot for this aircraft. Just can't stomach the idea though of giving these guys any of my money.

Don't waste your time bashing Carenado & Alabeo every time you get a chance.

I doubt you can influence any of Us into not buying it.

The solution is right in front f You:

Don't Buy It. Wait fior MilViz or A2A, while they make one.

• Upvote 3

When I started with simming (FSX), Carenado's C208 an Seneca II were u der the first products I bought. Since then I have bought and enjoyed a considerable amount of their and Alabeo's releases (sometimes I consider the amount as considerably too much, but only sometimes :) ). No doubt it is true, they have released some products which were more mature than others. But this never made me abandoning one out of my virtual hangar. I am stunned by their effort to put new stuff into their models each time they release one. Just my two cents.

What I can absolutely understand is when someone does not like their system depth or considers their prices as too steep. But I also agree with the comments above, especially Kabronicus. Do not buy it if you do not like it. And accept the fact that there a people like me, who enjoy the stuff they made. I consider this forum to be also the place for expressing one's opinion, but do not expect me to stop buying their products because you are not able to enjoy them.

I'm really impressed with this little Seminole, and in Alabeo for offering both steam gauge and G600 options.  That is probably a first, in terms of offering such contrasting avionics fits, in the same model and that are changeable "on the fly".

It flies great to me. While you're looking ahead out of the glareshield, it feels just like any Cherokee, and then you glance to your left and see that nice engine on the wing and are reminded you're in a twin.

There are a few little minor bugs, eg, although the flaps are entirely mechanical, the 'clunk' custom sound only plays if the battery is turned on! :smile: ....... But no showstoppers are far as I can see.

Regarding the Autopilot Pre-select point.  The S-TEC 55 as it comes, in basic fitment, doesn't have the preselect feature/panel, and works exactly as it does here.   Simply use VS until you're close to desired altitude, then reduce VS rate and hit ALT to capture and maintain altitude.

The pre-selector is an optional extra in real life, (and being quite expensive), more likely to be seen in something more exotic, like a PA46, than in an entry-level twin trainer.   So personally, I'm cool with the basic autopilot - it feels realistic to me.

I can't comment on the G600 and I've not used it - and will never use it - I'm not keen on Alabeo/Carenado's depiction of these units, and much prefer flying the aircraft with the conventional gauges.

Very impressed - possibly Alabeo's best work to date, IMHO.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

There are a few little minor bugs, eg, although the flaps are entirely mechanical, the 'clunk' custom sound only plays if the battery is turned on! :smile: ....... But no showstoppers are far as I can see.

Yes, that was one of the first things I noticed as well. Luckily it's easy to fix :smile:

Open the aircraft.cfg and add this line to the [flaps.0] section:

system_type      = 3

And I have to agree...it's indeed a very enjoyable aircraft!
  • Upvote 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080