Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Alabeo PA-44 Seminole released!

Has anyone done a comprehensive (or not so) study on frame rates on this release? IMO Alabeo balanced frame rates with functionality and pretty graphics the best with their PA32 Saratoga. How does the Seminole compare to their Saratoga in frames? How I evaluate frames is by pushing the traffic sliders to max and sit on a tarmac in the rain and look at the frames for the exact same place and view. ... Saratoga does not quite have default fps rates, but comes close. Alabeos cutlass, tomahawk and extra all have same fps as default with Saratoga being slightly lower, and others such as da42 being especially low.

Dying to know if Seminole is equal fps or lower than Saratoga? I'm talking about running pure 60 fps and nothing lower. My machine handles maxed out 60 fps with only a handful of planes, and the Saratoga comes very close...great plane. Hoping Seminole is same.

I'd like to turn off the flight director.  I can't find an off switch.  Any ideas?

>turning off the Radio Master then back on does it<

It seems there should be another way.

>There is.  I didn't notice the FD/AP MASTR switch below the GPS/  Dooh!

Has anyone done a comprehensive (or not so) study on frame rates on this release? IMO Alabeo balanced frame rates with functionality and pretty graphics the best with their PA32 Saratoga. How does the Seminole compare to their Saratoga in frames? How I evaluate frames is by pushing the traffic sliders to max and sit on a tarmac in the rain and look at the frames for the exact same place and view. ... Saratoga does not quite have default fps rates, but comes close. Alabeos cutlass, tomahawk and extra all have same fps as default with Saratoga being slightly lower, and others such as da42 being especially low.

Dying to know if Seminole is equal fps or lower than Saratoga? I'm talking about running pure 60 fps and nothing lower. My machine handles maxed out 60 fps with only a handful of planes, and the Saratoga comes very close...great plane. Hoping Seminole is same.

I have not noticed any fps issues probably the best payware I have in that aspect 

Rich Sennett

Is there any way to get the gtn750/650 flight plan/procedures to transfer to the g600? It seems the g600 only works with fsx built in flight planning and flight planning within it. Overall I have no fps issues... handling seems a bit too smooth also

Is there any way to get the gtn750/650 flight plan/procedures to transfer to the g600? It seems the g600 only works with fsx built in flight planning.

The Flight1 GTN gauge does not feed any flight track information back to FSX or P3D, so that is likely not possible.

Bert

"Steam gauges and G600 panels

Flight1 GTN 750* integration"

I misinterpreted integration and got giddy I suppose :( RIP money

Maybe the RXP gauges will

I have both

Will give it a try

Just to see out of interest

Alabeo has just released Version 1.1

NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.1)

ALABEO PA44 SEMINOLE FSX/P3D VERSION 1.1

Fixes:
- Fixes a backwards strobe/beacon light switch.
- Gear warning conditions fixed.
- Autopilot Startup screen adjusted.
- Environmental switches corrected to 3 position switch.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Good fixes, but they left the alt. amp meter broken. I submitted a ticket two days ago and haven't heard anything from them. Hope they released a patch or a new version. I love the plane but hate to pay for a broken software.

Raul

San Juan, P.R..

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 3.5ghz Ivy Bridge, NvidiaGTX1080, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, 1000w Power supply, Corsair H100 cooler

http://www.youtube.c...75?feature=mhee

I like the Carenado/Alabeo planes in general, although why they maintain two 'brands' defeats me. When I asked Carenado some years ago, they told me the Alabeo brand was effectively, 'Carenado Light'.  Things have obviously moved on with planes like the Alabeo branded Saratoga and the Seminole but why keep the two identities?

The Carenado Cessna 182Q retrofitted with Reality XP gauges and Bernt Stolle's FDE, is still my favourite GA plane; and I have the A2A Cherokee. They are different beasts. When I have lots of free time, I do my walk-around checks, etc and set up as I used to in RW, and fly the Cherokee.  When time is short and I just want to kick the tyres and light the fires, it's the C182Q!

Supporter.png

John

I like the Carenado/Alabeo planes in general, although why they maintain two 'brands' defeats me. When I asked Carenado some years ago, they told me the Alabeo brand was effectively, 'Carenado Light'.  Things have obviously moved on with planes like the Alabeo branded Saratoga and the Seminole but why keep the two identities?

The Carenado Cessna 182Q retrofitted with Reality XP gauges and Bernt Stolle's FDE, is still my favourite GA plane; and I have the A2A Cherokee. They are different beasts. When I have lots of free time, I do my walk-around checks, etc and set up as I used to in RW, and fly the Cherokee.  When time is short and I just want to kick the tyres and light the fires, it's the C182Q!

Hey I must admit I'm with you on this. Sometimes I just want to get in and fly and not necessarily have to worry about troubleshooting why the engine isn't starting or worrying about an engine failure and spending 10 minutes to get it started again when all I have time for is a 15 min flight.

However, there are times that I want the full immersive effects of flying the real thing and that is where A2A comes in.  I agree they each serve their purpose( developers that is) and I think if Carenado/Alabeo made it clear that their mission statement is to give us lots of planes that look good but we assume some of the flying risks, then maybe we'd all be better off.  I say that loosely because true from a developer of payware planes we should expect for everything to work perfectly, but for the guys perfecting it all, there's just no way to crank out as many planes in such a short period of time.  At the end of the day, we do have choices and that's what's nice.

My amp meter fluctuates with lights on and off. I'm not sure if their gear warning fix is correct. They changed the name ALPA44gearwarning in the aircraft sound cfg but forgot to include the sound file. It's located in the main sound folder, Alabeo, ALASoundPA44, GEAR_WARNING. Copy and rename it ALPA44gearwarning then move it to the aircraft sound file. Next, look in the aircraft cfg [gear_warning_system] and change gear_warning_system=1 //0. This is a repeat of the earlier Cloudminer post. I used his inputs on v1.1. It works well.
Got to give credit where it's due; Alabeo did a outstanding job on the model. I enjoy it, almost as much as the Turbo-Charged Saratoga. Don

Don Nelson

Dying to know if Seminole is equal fps or lower than Saratoga?

I get pretty much identical frame rates using the steam gauges in the Seminole. With the G600 enabled it knocks around 5-10 FPS off.

The Carenado Cessna 182Q retrofitted with Reality XP gauges and Bernt Stolle's FDE, is still my favourite GA plane; and I have the A2A Cherokee.

I'm totally with you on this! At first glance it doesn't seem like there is anything special about it, but they put some kind of magic into it that makes it more enjoyable than a lot of other more "sophisticated" models. Thankfully there are no major issues running it in P3D 3.2.

• Upvote 1

Guys - that is not an amp meter. It is a load meter. It shows the total load on the system, not a charging rate.

Don