Sign in to follow this  
Guest aarskringspier

Missing Lights and other weird stuff

I recently installed Ultimate Terrain and BEV Summer textures. I have a GeForce 7800 graphics card, driver version 81.85. Somewhere along the way, my landing/taxi lights stopped illuminating the runway and I lost my virtual cockpit night lighting. Also, when looking at the PMDG 737 from the outside, I can not see the logo lighting nor cockpit/cabin lights. (I can see the landing lights illuminating only the engine nacelles but nothing on the ground.)The aircraft light fixtures themselves appear as points of white light, but as stated, don't shine on anything. Also, my ATC window has lost all of the white text! (Can't see any options in the ATC window.)I'm just about to the point where I may have to go through the "Fun" of reinstalling FS9. Anyone have any ideas that might save the day (or night)? I've already tried going back through several different driver versions...no difference.

I believe I would uninstall the two items you recently installed before reinstalling fs9. If the problem goes away, reinstall only 1 at a time and see if the problem comes back. Then work the issue through the publisher of that addon.Regards,Dewey

Guest DK8290

im not sure if this is related but maybe in the FS2004 display settings make the number of hardware lighting sources (or something to those words) higher. I'm just guessing here (its on the last tab in the display settings within FS2004

the lights slider should always be set to 8, the farthest right

Guest aarskringspier

>I recently installed Ultimate Terrain and BEV Summer>textures. I have a GeForce 7800 graphics card, driver version>81.85.>> Somewhere along the way, my landing/taxi lights stopped>illuminating the runway and I lost my virtual cockpit night>lighting. Also, when looking at the PMDG 737 from the outside,>I can not see the logo lighting nor cockpit/cabin lights. (I>can see the landing lights illuminating only the engine>nacelles but nothing on the ground.)>>The aircraft light fixtures themselves appear as points of>white light, but as stated, don't shine on anything. Also, my>ATC window has lost all of the white text! (Can't see any>options in the ATC window.)>>I'm just about to the point where I may have to go through the>"Fun" of reinstalling FS9. Anyone have any ideas that might>save the day (or night)? I've already tried going back through>several different driver versions...no difference. Its your drivers; those drivers are corrupting textures within FS. Roll back and I bet all is fine.