Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Arabia and Northern Africa tour

Hi,

just a few shots from my recent flights with the Tu-134 in Arabia and Northern Africa. I posted already shots from Bagdad here and Dubai here, now here come just some more from my other destinations.

I started from Bagdad...

160619%20Tu-134%20UGTB15_zpssgrsbcuo.jpg

... passed Kuwait...

160624%20Tu-134%20ORBI1_zpsuscywgzr.jpg

... made stopovers in Dubai...

160624%20Tu-134%20ORBI7_zpshhmwhzvt.jpg

160624%20Tu-134%20ORBI8_zpsxiycjhux.jpg

160626%20Tu-134%20OMDB5_zpseaqwz57l.jpg

... and Khartoum (extremely different to Dubai)...

160626%20Tu-134%20OMDB13_zps3xqys1ci.jpg

160704%20Tu-134%20HSSS2_zpsoxofsamj.jpg

... crossed the Nubian Desert towards Cairo.

160704%20Tu-134%20HSSS4_zpsnrm7civw.jpg

160704%20Tu-134%20HSSS7_zpsqofvyyke.jpg

160704%20Tu-134%20HSSS9_zpsuilmbazl.jpg

160704%20Tu-134%20HSSS12_zps5axribow.jpg

Then the last "real" leg lead towards Yerevan.

160712%20Tu-134%20HECA1_zpsxzhg2kgb.jpg

Soon after take-off I was shocked: What a mess! This shot shows a rather unfortunate mix of sceneries, but beside the remarkable difference between FS9Evo textures and Armi's phototerrain of Cairo it is interesting insofar as it shows - in addition to the two texture types - the probably last one of Toni Agramonts sceneries (or better: remains of it) that I still have installed. Not to forget - more than 10 years ago Toni's sceneries filled quite some gaps of the virtual world.

160712%20Tu-134%20HECA2_zpsrx5lw7cl.jpg

Suez channel

160712%20Tu-134%20HECA3_zpsfrsa8gwb.jpg

Galilea (Gennesareth) Lake

160712%20Tu-134%20HECA5_zpsluygbsdb.jpg

Overflying Damascus. This is quite hard - what a tragedy that goes on 33,000 ft below! And the more one wonders that some guys from Syria found encouragement to build this fine Damascus Airport scenery...

160712%20Tu-134%20HECA6_zpsnqy8qvkt.jpg

And then - well known terrain: Yerevan and Tbilisi.

160713%20Tu-134%20UDYZ2_zpsopcbrixn.jpg

160713%20Tu-134%20UDYZ3_zps0kgwhwfe.jpg

Still I didn't have heart to erase Armavia from my AI traffic - even the returned Superjet, here parked behind the checkerhut, has not been removed yet.

160713%20Tu-134%20UDYZ4_zpsek7rm3pf.jpg

And what should I say - it was a pleasant tour, even although my favourite parking stand at UGTB (the one with the red carpet) is already occupied.

160713%20Tu-134%20UDYZ5_zpsqmtouwns.jpg

For the Tupolev it is now time for some resting at her home airport; and for myself it is time for some GA flying. I hope you enjoyed the journey.

Best regards,

Harald

• Upvote 2

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Great shots and resonating comments. Thanks for this. 

Hans

Very exciting locations...north Africa is like no other place on earth...many cinder cones lava flows, metamorphic rock and massive Ergs,

HLJAMES

Tsk... those upstart little Boeings, eh?  :smile:

Enjoyed the tour of these sceneries Harald - isn't it extraordinary how garish are the liveries on so many Mi-8?  

Super duper set again Harald!  :Applause:  Love the Khartoum Ai ....esp the Mil-8 livery.

​Your An-12 shot reminding me to add lots of black smoke to the port side of the paint I'm making right now.  :BigGrin: 

...and behind the Hip, a lonely Su-25 Frogfoot. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Awesome! You overflew my home which is pretty close to the Sea of Gallile in Israel.

Many thanks, Hans, HLJames, WingZ, Ed, Mark and Bar for commenting!

Yes, northern Africa: one should have comprehensive phototerrain at least for the mountain massives being isolated inside the Sahara, but unfortunately I don't know one for FS9.

Regarding the Mi-8: There are so many of them, that surely one or another has painted by some childs. In this case, the Sudanese AI traffic is rather a product of my fantasy than of real flightplans (there are only vague information). But the Mi-8 schedule indeed came with the SBAI package as UTAir livery and flightplan. And the Su-25 was part of one of the very good military AI plane packages by Michael Pearson (from the file library). It has a simple flightplan for one or two visits a week at HSSS, coming over from Wadi Seidna AB (fictional Afcad also in the library).

Bar, I hope the Russian engines weren't too loud when passing your home :smile: . Strange enough, I downloaded a very nice Israeli scenery pack at the Russian Avsim. It contains this good landclass that gives, in my opinion, a very good impression of the landscape. I wish I could visit this area in RW once.

P.S.:

add lots of black smoke to the port side of the paint I'm making right now

Good luck for the repaint, Ed! Yes, the smoke is absolutely necessary:

DSCN8296_zpsvjixcsui.jpg

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

the clouds

In the totale view, they looked this way.

DSCN8271_zpsvlawkg4z.jpg

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

What an amazing flight, Harald!!! Thanks a lot for taking us along

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Thanks Bernd.

It was indeed amazing to fly there - but somehow there's always a strange feeling due to the real world events occuring in these areas...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Many thanks, Hans, HLJames, WingZ, Ed, Mark and Bar for commenting!

Yes, northern Africa: one should have comprehensive phototerrain at least for the mountain massives being isolated inside the Sahara, but unfortunately I don't know one for FS9.

Regarding the Mi-8: There are so many of them, that surely one or another has painted by some childs. In this case, the Sudanese AI traffic is rather a product of my fantasy than of real flightplans (there are only vague information). But the Mi-8 schedule indeed came with the SBAI package as UTAir livery and flightplan. And the Su-25 was part of one of the very good military AI plane packages by Michael Pearson (from the file library). It has a simple flightplan for one or two visits a week at HSSS, coming over from Wadi Seidna AB (fictional Afcad also in the library).

Bar, I hope the Russian engines weren't too loud when passing your home :smile: . Strange enough, I downloaded a very nice Israeli scenery pack at the Russian Avsim. It contains this good landclass that gives, in my opinion, a very good impression of the landscape. I wish I could visit this area in RW once.

P.S.:

Good luck for the repaint, Ed! Yes, the smoke is absolutely necessary:

Well, you can visit here in the RW , you just need to buy a ticket to Tel Aviv  :smile:

you just need to buy a ticket to Tel Aviv

Not that I didn't know that :smile: , it's rather real world obligations that do not let me think of journeying in 2016 and perhaps also 2017.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg