Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

I Uninstalled ASCA And Now ...

Did you manually remove the ASCA Entries from your exe.xml and dll.xml files in AppData\Roaming? 

EDIT

Opps i read that wrong,  I'm not sure if Cloud Art has Entries at all?   Did you Uninstall Cloud Art or Active Sky? 

There is no ASCA entry in exe.xml well at least now that its not installed here didnt check before  :wink:

Rich Sennett

ASCA makes no entries to EXE or DLL.xml.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Uninstalled and installed Client. Same AS16. CTD when AS16 not running. Rebuilt CFG. I think the scenario I'm loading may be corrupt. But it also CTD when trying to change graphic options in the sim. Really don't want to have to reinstall the entire thing.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Will reinstalling the client file not fix it?

Didn't the first time.

Apologies, you did say that.  I remember a similar situation which I had a few months back where the client re-installation helped me out of a similar position.

If you haven't - save and delete your dll.xml files and exe.xml files. Delete the shaders folder. Delete the default.fxml files. Delete all .wx files in your startup scenario.

Sometimes a bad startup scenario will cause P3D to crash.

See if that helps.

Vic 

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Windows Defender quarantined part of the Client reinstall. Whitelisted it, did a full AS16, Client, and Content reinstall and all seems ok. Really nice not to have to do full installs (scenery). Thanks for your help, everyone.

BasementFlyGuy

There have been thousands who have installed this client update without problems or having Windows Defender "whitelisting" the program.  You must have your settings in Windows Defender set very high.  I have disabled Windows Defender on my system as I use Anti-MalwareBytes to screen for malware.  It works very well except it quarantined an iFly dll but at least it told me it had done this and I was able to make sure the program never ever scanned by FSX or P3D Folders as I know exactly everything that is installed in those folders is safe.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There have been thousands who have installed this client update without problems or having Windows Defender "whitelisting" the program.  You must have your settings in Windows Defender set very high.  I have disabled Windows Defender on my system as I use Anti-MalwareBytes to screen for malware.  It works very well except it quarantined an iFly dll but at least it told me it had done this and I was able to make sure the program never ever scanned by FSX or P3D Folders as I know exactly everything that is installed in those folders is safe.

Yes, Jim, it's interesting. With my original upgrade to 3.3 and then to 3.3.5, I didn't have this problem. But Win 10 also updated last week, so who knows what they tweaked ...

I'll check out Anti-MalwareBytes, and thanks again for your incredible support of this forum.

BasementFlyGuy

Yes, Jim, it's interesting. With my original upgrade to 3.3 and then to 3.3.5, I didn't have this problem. But Win 10 also updated last week, so who knows what they tweaked ...

I'll check out Anti-MalwareBytes, and thanks again for your incredible support of this forum.

Allowing windows 10 to upgrade is a no no messed up my sim some time back never again all of that crap is shut down - problems persist your only alternative is to reinstall version 1511 - not what you wanted to hear but the only way to fix the mess if in fact your windows has been updated after the initial 1511 install - make sure you shut all of that updating stuff off - yt has good videos on it

Good place to start

Rich Sennett