Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

P3D Scenery.cfg error

Hello fellow pilots!

I'm having an issue after install Latin VFRs KMIA scenery.  I initially clicked the wrong directory while installing (which I've since fixed).  However every time I start I get the following message.

SCENERY.CFG File Error

Scenery 's remote directory is invalid!

Would you like to unload this area? 

<OK>

I click OK and all is fine, however Id like to fix this problem once and for all. The message isnt telling me which scenery is having the actual problem.  Are there logs somewhere that can point me towards the root cause?  All my searching has turned up were posted where the message actually listed the cause however this seems to be some generic message for some reason.  Let me know if anything else is needed!  Thanks in advance!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Is it easy to uninstall the package, and then reinstall? That might be the quickest option.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'd suggest installing SceneryConfigEditor. It will flag invalid paths with a red splat and then you can modify that entry to make it valid again. SCE won't find the P3D scenery.cfg by default, you have to go into Edit > Preferences and specify "user defined", then navigate to your P3D scenery.cfg (which should be located in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"). It'll ask you if you want to reload the scenery.cfg and then should show you which scenery area(s) have invalid paths. Select them and click Edit Area, browse to the correct location, etc.

Jim

I'd suggest installing SceneryConfigEditor. It will flag invalid paths with a red splat and then you can modify that entry to make it valid again. SCE won't find the P3D scenery.cfg by default, you have to go into Edit > Preferences and specify "user defined", then navigate to your P3D scenery.cfg (which should be located in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"). It'll ask you if you want to reload the scenery.cfg and then should show you which scenery area(s) have invalid paths. Select them and click Edit Area, browse to the correct location, etc.

Jim

I just loaded up this tool (which is awesome btw, thanks), but its saying I have no errors and my scenery file looks great.  Not sure where to go from here now.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

So I decided to remove all the scenery and re-add them to list list 2 at a time.  Looks like my New York City X was installed in a format P3D didnt like.  What's weird is the scenery worked without any issues.  I removed it and added back and the issue is cleared.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

SCENERY.CFG File Error

Scenery 's remote directory is invalid!

Would you like to unload this area? 

<OK>

I have exactly the same error in P3D V3.1 and now in P3D V3.2

I don't have a clue which of my add-on sceneries is causing this. (SCE doesn't give an error)

Is there somewhere a log file I can check? It is a bit tedious to disable all my scenery an enable one by one...

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I installed 3 ORBX freeware AU sceneries, and now I get an error saying:

"SCENERY.CFG file error.

Scenery 's remote directory is invalid:

Would you like to unload this area?"

And I don't know how to fix it, even after uninstalling those sceneries. 

Anyone else got a fix?

You still have Entries that are corrupt or Entries that are trying to Launch these missing scenery's

Go to ProgramData \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D   Open up your scenery.cfg, Go to the bottom area of it and have a peep in there for any of the 3 scenery's you Uninstalled.   Remove them block by block carefully insuring you don't remove any scenery Entries you still have Installed.

After you do that,  make sure the Numbers are correct going down and not duplicated 123,124,125 and so on  Or what ever your last Numbers are 

Do you have much scenery Installed ?

You could try this but you will have to add your Scenery again in Prepar3D, takes seconds to do through the Control Panel.

Delete your Scenery.cfg completely, Start Prepar3D and let it build a new one.

Let me know....

-----------

You have manually removed this from your Prepar3D Scenery library Yes?

Figured it out, the path to my KLGA scenery was changed, and I thought it updated the directory in the scenic library but it didn't, so it wouldn't load it. Problem fixed, thanks Poppet!  :smile:

On 3/19/2016 at 5:22 AM, Egbert Drenth said:

I have exactly the same error in P3D V3.1 and now in P3D V3.2

I don't have a clue which of my add-on sceneries is causing this. (SCE doesn't give an error)

Is there somewhere a log file I can check? It is a bit tedious to disable all my scenery an enable one by one...

How did you resolve the issue? I added EDDM scenery from Taxi2Gate and this problem started immediately thereafter. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

On 7/15/2016 at 9:15 AM, Elaine Dixon said:

Do you have much scenery Installed ?

You could try this but you will have to add your Scenery again in Prepar3D, takes seconds to do through the Control Panel.

Delete your Scenery.cfg completely, Start Prepar3D and let it build a new one.

Let me know....

-----------

You have manually removed this from your Prepar3D Scenery library Yes?

Hello! I am receiving the same error. I just installed EDDM scenary from T2G and upon launching I get this error. I am curious to know how to fix this issue. Deleting the scenery file and relaunching did not work. 

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled.