Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Avalanche of new airport scenery for FSX

I have noticed in the past few weeks that a particularly large number of new airport sceneries have appeared on Simmarket for FSX. Most of these are for American airports, many of which have not been available as addon scenery for FSX previously, but most appear to be from new developers like FSXcenery who suddenly seem to be springing onto the scene and producing new products at a pretty fast rate! The screenshots for these suggest products of variable quality with some airports looking quite mediocre and not particularly good value for the asking price. I would be quite keen to add some of these US regional airports and, in the past, I might have been tempted to give one or two of them a try, but as I am now retired, I tend to be more circumspect about my purchases for FSX if I am not familiar with the developer or the screenshots don't immediately sell the product to me. I wondered if anyone out there has tried any of these or whether, like me, you are waiting for them to appear in a sale?

Bill

I liken FSXcenery to Blueprint Simulation. But much much better than what MS produced.

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Signs that a new sim is on the way. Devs want to make as much money from what is soon to be obsolete products before that launch. It isn't only for FSX, P3D is experiencing the same phenomenon.

I see that too. But the problem is that the quality is not on par to the vendors we already know as Aerosoft, FSDreamTeam, 29Palms, etc. Well .... if you really need that bad the airport, i think you can go with it.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Signs that a new sim is on the way. Devs want to make as much money from what is soon to be obsolete products before that launch. It isn't only for FSX, P3D is experiencing the same phenomenon.

You mean we will have to start all over AGAIN.

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

I liken FSXcenery to Blueprint Simulation. But much much better than what MS produced.

They just need to be priced a little cheaper in my opinion considering the quality and airport size - then I might go for some of them!

Not if you decide to stay with FSX/SE/P3Dv2/v3. With x64 simulators coming out, none of these sceneries or any other scenery, will work without the dev doing some re-development. You can pretty much guarantee that DTG's new sim will not be compatible with LM's P3D. The cash cow days of cross compatibility among flight sims is coming to an end. For better or worse.

Just my .02c

Jazz

And another: Pompano Beach - even more expensive than the others although the quality looks no better!

Yes, and this means that in my case, I have been buying addons fairly frequently,but I have now stopped because I am waiting to see if the new sim is significantly better. If other people are doing this, the developers must be beginning to notice it with lack of sales.