Just to continue if I may.

Can somebody tell me how to upload photos here.  I would really like to show you all what I am trying to duplicate on FSX FSX-SE Xplane or P3D.  Maybe if we can figure it all out between us I could have this system with all of those sims.  Born optomist I guess.

I use 

http://tinypic.com/

click choose file navigate to it then hit upload now - you will get a popup windows to fill in answer every so often on next page copy the second yellow box down code into your avsim post thats it - does have popups if thats not to your liking you will have to look elswhere

Rich Sennett

I check nearly every day the front page latest discussions but never know which thread comes from where. I could well be reading an xplane forum discussion and not know it. Could there possibly be a header which indicates which forum the item comes from. I cannot see that it would be too hard to do ...

Why not just go to the forums main page?

The new posts are listed there as well.

If you place your cursor over each one the forum they come from will be displayed.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

GBOZ,

Thanks mate.  A Sydney Boy????

I was vaguely aware of this but it does mean (I think) going through each forum to find the new posts.  I really check the latest discussions purely to check on anything new and to try to be current for all the sims.

As such, this is not entirely practical.  I believe that a simple annotation in front of the item should be easy and a practical way to identify where a thread is actually coming from.

If it is not practical then so be it.   All I want to do is to look at the thread ....  identify if it is in fact interesting (from the title) and/or whether it is in any way relevant to the information I am seeking.

I really do not want to create a third world war and it is obviously off thread and really only a suggestion for the moderators consideration.

Cheers and regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

GBOZ,
Thanks mate. A Sydney Boy????
I was vaguely aware of this but it does mean (I think) going through each forum to find the new posts.

Yes, stuck here Downunder.  :)

You don't have to go through each forum for the new posts.

As I said there is a list of the new posts in the top right of the main forum page.

Just mouse-over a post there to see what sub-forum it comes from.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Uploaded for Tony - his files didnt upload because they were all way to big

20rlbn4.jpg

33omt52.jpg

2vvj1ab.jpg

2wolh7p.jpg

30wnghy.jpg

xdhzzp.jpg

29ymo00.jpg

301eide.jpg

Rich Sennett

Hi Tony,

I find the best way is to upload to a photo sharing website like PhotoBucket, once there you can select the image you would like to post and share using an link.  Clicking on the link will copy it to your clipboard, simply paste the link into your forum post and voila, it waill appear.  There's something better I am sure, just been using this for a long time and have become used to it.  

2d94320f-2d99-42c3-b112-29162787b736_zps

Rob

\Robert Hamlich/

Good morning again to you all,

Just arrived home (Indonesa) again late last night, and have many neglected chores to endure so this post will be fairly short.

Firstly,  I would like very much to say a huge public and heartfelt "THANKS" to Richard for uploading my photos for me.  Incidently, Richard, I tried to resize to all sizes listed before uploading and all failed to upload. I do not believe that size was the problem.  I shall persist however.  This does not in any way detract from my gratitude for what you did for me. Thanks again.

For all other contributors, thanks for your inputs and any input/advice is always welcome.

The advice regarding uploads appear to have ended up (again and my fault, I guess) to have gone "off topic"

and for that I apologise too.

As for the rest of my questions, I shall pursue them after the essentials have been dealt with.  She who MUST be obeyed, will let me know when it is safe to pursue this further LOL.

Thanks again to you all

Regards

Tony Chilcott

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Good morning again to you all,

Just arrived home (Indonesa) again late last night, and have many neglected chores to endure so this post will be fairly short.

My pleasure Tony - glad they are posted and you can show your great setup - looks like a lot of fun  :wink:

Rich Sennett

On 7/15/2016 at 0:48 PM, neucoas said:

Yes i know that.. Every tweak or tutorial is done with Nvidia inspector.

Since moving to P3D, i only needed NI to set SGSS... that totally killed my old 660Ti. I can live with that.

So I'am on my way to order a RX480 Nitro from Shappire. We shall see how it performs, hopefully OK. I'm not running a heavy addon sim.

The GTX1060 will be totally overpriced and without stock . I'm guessing by the 1070/1080 experience we have here.

.... it's been a while but I'm wondering how is your RX480 doing.... I know that the mainstream will tell you to stay away from AMD GPU but ,personally, I have a very good experience running the RX9-280X, on my old AMD Phenom Rig. I set it and forgot about him, was very happy with the performance too, whenever I move to nvidia I constantly struggling with both setup/ tweaking and the drivers, currently running i5-4690K OC to 4.2GHZ with EVGA GTX970 FSX-SE and the 970 giving me hard time again (it even crashed X-Plane 11 after installing the new NV driver)

Reg.

Yair   

9 hours ago, N1125Y said:

.... it's been a while but I'm wondering how is your RX480 doing.... I know that the mainstream will tell you to stay away from AMD GPU but ,personally, I have a very good experience running the RX9-280X, on my old AMD Phenom Rig. I set it and forgot about him, was very happy with the performance too, whenever I move to nvidia I constantly struggling with both setup/ tweaking and the drivers, currently running i5-4690K OC to 4.2GHZ with EVGA GTX970 FSX-SE and the 970 giving me hard time again (it even crashed X-Plane 11 after installing the new NV driver)

Reg.

Yair   

Actually very good! P3D v3, 40 fps with ORBX regions, weather and GA aircraft. XP11 really well after some updates, 25-40 fps. And DCS steady 60, 40 with the viggen :)

Cheers :)

N.-