Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Getting Started at an Uncontrolled Airport

What is the procedure for getting things going at an uncontrolled airport?  What frequency do you enter and what do you say to get P2A started?

Tom

I have the same problem (VFR/IFR)

There is no possibility to Add many airports/airfields as Departure Airport or as Destination Airport.

Exemple : LFLI (non controlled), LFLP (controlled)

G

I repeat. . .

What is the procedure for getting things going at an uncontrolled airport?  What frequency do you enter and what do you say to get P2A started?

Tom

Hi,

In the absence of Dave, here in the UK we would use Unicom to announce our intentions and after a good look around take off heading to our destination.On entering a controlled airspace we would then pass relevant information over to the controller and follow any instructions given back.This would happen during the flight.At the destination airfield ,if no radio or control after a good look out announce our landing intentions again on Unicom.

If flying in Europe each country has its own rules for VFR flying and the pilot has to keep up to date with them when planning a journey between countries.

I'm not looking for real world procedures. I want to know how to get P2A working.

Tom

OK one more try before I give up.  I am ready to go at Sacramento Executive (KSAC).  What is my first contact to get P2A started?

Tom

tjrush, the "procedure" is to wait until this weekend! :) something is going to be announced about VoxATC. To me the best and only real option for good FSX/P3D ATC. So dont give up :)  

You have a good point Tom. If you are at an uncontrolled airport and want to file an IFR flight plan, there does not seem to be a way to do it. Even if you expand the radius of the "Frequencies" window to maximum, sometimes there is no "Center" to request flight plan clearance. I'm sure this can be addressed with a fix by Dave.

I was a long time VoxATC user and IMO P2A V2 offers more. Dave has been very good at replying to bugs which is more than I can say for Tegwyn at VoxATC. Maybe the "announcement" will change my mind but I doubt it.

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB

Even if there might be an announcement "elsewhere", the developer did not find it necessary to respond for months.

I`d say, give P2A a chance to grow. IMO it deserves it.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Tom,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was flying a small airplane from NY to my home base in Texas. I finally made it back...what a trip.

Anyway, if you are flying VFR and just want flight following, then request flight following from Departure Control once you are airborne. Use the Freq window to the right of the map to find the nearest departure control.

If you filed IFR, then the procedure is a little more complicated. It involves requesting an IFR Release from Departure control since Tower is not there to do it for you. Again, use the nearest Departure controller if there is not one for your airport. What airport are you departing from? I will try and make a short tutorial video to cover this scenario.

Thanks, Dave

Update: In working on the tutorial, I uncovered some bugs in the IFR flight scenario. Fix will be in the next update. Dave

Here's a script that will work in the next update 1.2.0.4 or later.

Pilot: Departure November Three Six One Niner Hotel Ready to Copy IFR Clearance;

Departure: November Three Six One Niner Hotel is cleared to Kilo Siera Alpha Charlie, fly the SOKOY 2 departure , with the SOKOY transition , then direct to Tango Echo Romeo Uniform Yankee then as filed. Maintain , Five Thousand feet . Departure on One Two Eight Point Four Squawk Six Four Zero Three
Pilot: November Three Six One Niner Hotel is Cleared to Kilo Siera Alpha Charlie fly the SOKOY 2 departure with the SOKOY transition then direct to Tango Echo Romeo Uniform Yankee then as filed Maintain Five Thousand Feet Departure on One Two Eight Point Four Squawk Six Four Zero Three Ercoupe November Three Six One Niner Hotel;
Ercoupe November Three Six One Niner Hotel Readback Correct. Call for IFR Release when number one for departure.
Departure, November Three Six One Niner Hotel Request IFR Release Runway Zero Two;
November Three Six One Niner Hotel You are released for departure. Runway Zero Two After takeoff turn Right to heading Zero Four Four Climb and maintain , Five Thousand feet . Release for departure void at Eighteen Zero Four Zulu advise with alternate intentions no later than Eighteen Zero Nine Zulu Time now is Seventeen Fifty Seven Zulu
~November Three Six One Niner Hotel Released for departure Runway Zero Two After takeoff turn Right to heading Zero Four Four Climb and maintain , Five Thousand feet . Release for departure void at Eighteen Zero Four Zulu Ercoupe November Three Six One Niner Hotel
November Three Six One Niner Hotel Released for Departure Runway Zero Two After Takeoff Turn Right to Heading Zero Four Four Climb and Maintain Five Thousand Feet Release for departure void at Eighteen Zero Four Zulu Ercoupe November Three Six One Niner Hotel;
Ercoupe November Three Six One Niner Hotel Readback correct. Contact us when airborne.

After Takeoff:
Departure November Three Six One Niner Hotel; Passing One Thousand Five Hundred For Five Thousand;
November Three Six One Niner Hotel good afternoon . Radar Contact.

A little later in flight:

Ercoupe November Three Six One Niner Hotel Expect vectors to the ILS approach to runway Zero Two at SACRAMENTO EXECUTIVE

Expect Vectors to the ILS Approach to Runway Zero Two Ercoupe November Three Six One Niner Hotel;

Remainder of flight should proceed as any other IFR flight and approach.

Hope this helps. And remember, it won't work due to a bug until version 2.0.1.4

Dave

Branech,

I had no problem creating a flight plan with those airports.  What issue did you have?

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

I don't think this will always work.  I know of some airports that only have Unicom and no Departure nearby. YMHU (McArthur River) is one.

Regards

Rob

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB

Rob,

When that is the case, you may have to take off VFR and then call the nearest Departure/Approach/Center controller.  UNICOM cannot be used for clearances as they are usually un-manned or manned by the local FBO.  It's not uncommon to hear aircraft calling Center or Departure frequencies to pick up their IFR clearances.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'll give that try and report back if there are any problems.

It's comforting to know that the developer is also a real world pilot so he knows what he's talking about.

• Upvote 2

NAX669.png