Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Your thoughts about FS Global mesh for P3D, yay or nay?

+1 Free Mesh X

Free Mesh comes in at 46GB for the entire planet ....it uses the most current data....and is still being updated.  

FS Global 2010 and Ultimate are no longer being updated as far as I know.

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Another vote for Freemesh.  At this point, there is no reason to purchase a mesh product.

I will check out freemesh as an alternative to FS Global then! :) 

Does anyone know if its compatible with FTX GLobal, Vector, LC? and will i run into elevation problems at certain airports?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes, it is compatible with Orbx products.  You may need to run the AEC tool in Vector to fix elevation problems.  Be aware that the AEC tool is not 100% successful, but does work well with most airports.

I will check out freemesh as an alternative to FS Global then! :) 

Does anyone know if its compatible with FTX GLobal, Vector, LC? and will i run into elevation problems at certain airports?

Any mesh works with the OrbX stuff, considering the different cases I explained above in post #11. Also, as said by an other simmer, be sure to check the resolution no need to drape another mesh of same or lower resolution than your G2010. Besides resolution, the main issue can be flaws like spikes for instance. I dont know the freemesh and if it has been cleaned.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam