Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Help before going to a dual monitor setup

Hi,

My specs are in my signature. My PC is a bit dated, but recently upgraded to a gtx 970.

I currently have a single 24" 1920x1080 monitor, and get an average 20fps without any stutter, in pmdg 777 and most pay ware airports.

I am planning to go to a dual monitor another 24" (1920x1080) setup for virtual cockpit, I would like to know.

A. How do I set it up?

B. Will there be a fps drop or stutter by going to dual monitor on my PC setup.

Thanks so much... hoping to get a view before buying another monitor.

You are essentially doubling your resolution, so yes there will be a drop.

Are you running FSX or P3D, P3D will be able to handle the change better then FSX will. The 970 will run both displays, but both sims are very CPU bound, running the PMDG 777 at a payware airport and you are getting 20fps on a single screen. Going double will pull that even lower. 

I consider 20fps unplayable but you may not, it really is up to what you want to live with. 

Have you considered one big monitor instead of two smaller monitors?  I recently switched from two 24" monitors to a single 43" 4K monitor and it's fantastic.