Sign in to follow this  
luke97

X-Plane 10.50 b7 released

Thinking about trying the beta, is there anything plug in wise/add on wise that is not compatible with 10.50b7? 

I upgraded to 10.50 b7 and it's the best decision I've made. I only had to update RTH. Back up your current XP folder and try it out. It's an excellent upgrade.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I upgraded to 10.50 b7 and it's the best decision I've made. I only had to update RTH. Back up your current XP folder and try it out. It's an excellent upgrade.

Try disabling RTH, atmosphere rendering in HDR mode is a lot better than it used to be.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Try disabling RTH, atmosphere rendering in HDR mode is a lot better than it used to be.

Have any screenshots? Would love to see it. Playing the game without always having to fidget around with RTH would be amazing.

EDIT: Just saw the links in your signature, I'll take a look.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Is this new atmospheric rendering new to 10.50, or can I see it in 10.45?

Is this new atmospheric rendering new to 10.50, or can I see it in 10.45?

I think it's new in .50. I also think Ben likes to secretly improve some things without naming them in the chagelog. All screens in my signature are done without RTH in 10.50.

Especially transition to night (dusk) is better, all that extreme orange is gone. All in all it's more integrated and subtle than it used to be. If you prefer neon candyland, RTH might still be the way to go though.

For me, "deinstalling stuff" has somewhat become the secret sauce of X-Plane tweaking as v10 Material matures...

-

I think it's new in .50. I also think Ben likes to secretly improve some things without naming them in the chagelog. All screens in my signature are done without RTH in 10.50.

Especially transition to night (dusk) is better, all that extreme orange is gone. All in all it's more integrated and subtle than it used to be. If you prefer neon candyland, RTH might still be the way to go though.

Sounds very promising. Mind if I ask what your SkyMaxx cloud settings are, in terms of colours etc. are you just using the default cloud colours?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Has anyone noticed their reflections are upside down?

x-plane_2016-07-26_08r6sgo.jpg

Sounds very promising. Mind if I ask what your SkyMaxx cloud settings are, in terms of colours etc. are you just using the default cloud colours?

I run SkyMaxx with a draw radius of 10.000km (with "Fast" style clouds), but have a couple of .cfg edits in place that make it look better - in my opinion (I am removing the blueish tint of distant clouds, and I am removing the bitmap imposters for distant clouds, which easily become buggy when panning around the AC). And I suppose you mean SkyColors? I have created my own set, but I am happy to share it. 

Don't forget that on all screens I post, Maxx FX is running grade all colors as a post effect. I can share that profile, too.

-

I run SkyMaxx with a draw radius of 10.000km (with "Fast" style clouds), but have a couple of .cfg edits in place that make it look better - in my opinion (I am removing the blueish tint of distant clouds, and I am removing the bitmap imposters for distant clouds, which easily become buggy when panning around the AC). And I suppose you mean SkyColors? I have created my own set, but I am happy to share it. 

Don't forget that on all screens I post, Maxx FX is running grade all colors as a post effect. I can share that profile, too.

Thank you for the reply. I'm surprised you can run that high of a draw radius. When I start to crank it up from the default 2.5, the framerate just starts dropping plus I get some nasty stutter. I would love if you could share these tweaks to improve the look. Yours look really nice. 

By cloud colours, I just meant that little selection in SkyMaxx, like "Tropical Medium" etc. maybe you used something other than the default colours. I wouldn't mind you sharing that either! 

I am running Maxx FX, though I've made a profile I think suits my liking so I'll take a pass on that, thanks though. 

Thank you for the reply. I'm surprised you can run that high of a draw radius. When I start to crank it up from the default 2.5, the framerate just starts dropping plus I get some nasty stutter. I would love if you could share these tweaks to improve the look. Yours look really nice. 

By cloud colours, I just meant that little selection in SkyMaxx, like "Tropical Medium" etc. maybe you used something other than the default colours. I wouldn't mind you sharing that either! 

I am running Maxx FX, though I've made a profile I think suits my liking so I'll take a pass on that, thanks though. 

I will share my settings in a seperate post for all very soon, stand by.

• Upvote 1

-