Sign in to follow this  
A340-4

Does anyone here have the Samsung S27C350 HD Monitor?

Hello;

Wondering if any of you here use this monitor? I have this monitor, but for some time been struggling to find the correct color settings for P3D v3 with HDR. Would any of you be so kind to share what works best for you? 

Many thanks. 

The problem mainly is that when I pan around outside where it bright and then return to the cockpit, the textures of the cockpit are dark until I move around a little. This has been driving me crazy... . 

I don't have that one but I do have a Samsung S27D390H that is problematic as well. It flickers at colder temperatures or in drafts in the winter time at around 18°C or colder. Never seen anything like that in a monitor being sensitive to temperatures and I do run other monitors in the same room without problems. I abandoned it as junk, you would expect better from Samsung. Perhaps your board is buggy as well 

Matthew Kane

That sounds more like hdr doing something strange. Turn hdr off and see if it is still dark when returning to the Cockpit. Unless the monitor is flickering or going dark in other things I doubt it is a problem with the actual screen.

"the textures of the cockpit are dark"

Are you sure the monitor is at fault here? The monitor doesn't know what the texture is, it just shows whatever signal it receives in the video input.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

Hello Guys;

Many thanks for your answers. The motherboard is fine, as its only 5-6 months old. I dont have any screen flickering. I do experience on occasion that the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds, but then returns to normal? It doesn't happen often in the flight sim, but happens when watching/reading news..etc. The reason why I believe its the monitor is because when I return from the outside view into the cockpit, the cockpit is way to dark, I need to pan around until I find a shadow in the cockpit, then the colors are back to normal. 

I have tried turning HDR off, but it seems it is doing the same. Its also very strange that those things dont really happen with NGX/T7, but mainly  happens when I fly GA such as; A2A Cherokee. If you guys have any other ideas please share them with me. 

As always, many thanks for all your help. 

What might help prove if it is the monitor or graphics is a video. Record the problem using shadow play and watch it back, also and post it for us. If it appears on the video it is a graphics/driver issue. If not then it is a monitor issue.

Chris

Hello Guys,

Sorry for a late response. So, my problem is not related to the monitor, but is caused by HDR. I have two monitors and ran P3D on my second monitor, but was surprised that I was experiencing the same problem. If HDR is disabled the problem does not occur. Every time i change my view to the outside view where its bright and then return to the cockpit the cockpit is dark until I start to pan around a little. So.... that leaves me with the question is to why is it doing that? I have seen many youtube videos where those issues are not a problem. Would any of you be so kind to help/assist please? I use RealismShader pack v1. in my P3D v3.2. My video card drivers are always updated and installed as a clean install, after which I delete the Shader folder and make P3D build a new one. I have also noticed that reducing the Blood in the HDR settings down to .3-.4 helps a little, but the problem still happens. 

Many Thanks for all your help guys,

Best Regards, 

Ok.... So it was the Realism Shader Pack that was causing the problem....  . Uninstalled it- problem fixed