Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

MyTraffic 6 and P3D V3

Hi

I have just purchased MyTraffic 6 - and thought I had followed the instructions to the letter - but am not seeing any traffic. Is there an idiots guide out there as to how to install? Any help or suggestions appreciated.

I am using windows 10 - and have both my flight sim and MyTraffic located on the same second SSD

George Westwell

Very good Tokitaumelie. 

Is there an idiots guide out there as to how to install?

The link that Tokitaumelie has provided will guide you through Installing MyTraffic 6 using the Communicator  "Control Panel" 

But if you are having problems you can follow the shortened Guide below which you can use without touching the Communicator. 

Manually Installing MyTraffic 6

The Bottom Line 

MyTraffic 6 is connected to Prepar3D in 2 ways.

(1)  In your simobjects.cfg.

Your simobjects.cfg can be found here   ► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 

Follow the steps in the image below.      Double Click on simobjects.cfg.   Your simobjects Note pad will pop up.   Add your new Entry in at the bottom.   4  Go to File and Click Save 

24170003946_c57d36d344_o.png

You can Copy and Paste this into your Simobjects.cfg,  Please Note:  You need to Change the to suit your last Number,  You also need to change your Path= as to where You have MyTraffic Installed 

[Entry.10] 
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles 
Path=G:\MyTraffic\Aircraft 
Required=True
Active=True

=============================

(2)  Add you MyTraffic 6 Scenery to your Prepar3D library.  

24511000569_46c1b6a807_o.png

The correct folder is The MyTraffic folder  

24760907562_6068794c9e_o.png

24251929793_33620c2b9e_o.png

Start Prepar3D,  Pick an Airport, confirm you can see Traffic,  Shut down Prepar3D and Delete your Shaders folder,  When you start Prepar3D it will build a new one

Location and how to find your shaders Folder   http://www.avsim.com...older-prepar3d/

• Upvote 1

Thanks Guys - I got there and now have the traffic.

I recall there is an add on that can control the number of AI aircraft - can you tell me where I can get it from?

Many thanks

George Westwell

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I did all of these and now i have traffic at KJFK !

but 90% are planes from Atlas Air, all over JFK, 30 from AtlasAir, only 2 planes from FedEX, and one from DHL.

Also the traffic haeding for the runway is all Atlas Air...

Seems to me that somewhere in MT, only few companies are active.

I tried sheduler 2015, or Live Traffic, no changes, even after 2 hours: still 90% Atlas Air

I tried LFMN airport:  no traffic there only myself

This is not realistic, how to change ?

but 90% are planes from Atlas Air, all over JFK, 30 from AtlasAir

Ah yes, MyTraffic's realistic fleet numbers mean nothing approach to filling the skies. Gotta love it. :fool:

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Atlasair seems to be default P3D traffic and not from MT6.

Is it possible to add WOAI traffic ?

How to recognize the dangerous FS2004 compiled acft files ? As they surely will kill all traffic if mixed..

I deleted the (bought) Mytraffic Pro and i changed for WOAI - lost the money,  but what a good choice !

My AI traffic never was so beautiful, i should never, never  have bought UT2 or MT !

I installed WOAI in no time in P3Dv3 with migration tool - piece of cake guys !

Actual airliners in very nice liveries, better than the crap with UT or MT !

One advice: do not spend your money on MTp ot UT2!

I have lost weeks in trying to adjust Mytraffic:  no planes, or nothing moving, no schedules...frustrating !

No advice at Mytraffic forum.

The free WOAI is functioning much better with P3Dv3 icw payware Traffic builders

Super traffic now ! Forget about MT Pro , surely for P3D version 3 !

I have the latest version of P3D and cannot install MyTraffic 6.0a. (Downloaded 15.01.2017)  I cannot find the "simobject.cfg" file in the new version.

I seem so far to have wasted my money for Mytraffic?

Can anyone help.

EUROATCO

I have the latest version of P3D and cannot install MyTraffic 6.0a. (Downloaded 15.01.2017)  I cannot find the "simobject.cfg" file in the new version.

I seem so far to have wasted my money for Mytraffic?

Can anyone help.

EUROATCO

Might want to try posting your problem here. http://forum.simflight.com/forum/7-mytraffic-support-forum/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The physical location of simobjects.cfg:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\simobjects.cfg

the same as:

C:\Users\All Users\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\simobjects.cfg

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi Elaine,

I'm trying to follow your guide, but cant find the our simobjects.cfg

You say it can be found here   ► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 

I havve installed P3D v3 (first purchased and installed last week) under C:Prepar3D

I cant find ProgramData or Lockheed Martin or simobjects.cfg folders anywhere ! ?

P3d is running fine by the way.....

I have tried the Communicator route, but:

I have installed the communicator and completed the step: up to Manage PrePar3D V2/3 > Localize Prepar3D v3 > (it finds and enters C:\Prepa3D v3 into the top right hand box no problem) > OK button, then close and restart Communicator.

When I try to go to Manage PrePar3D V2/3 > Manage simobjects v3 it is greyed out.

Any advice as to where am I going wrong please?

Andrew

Hi again,

With the help of one kind persons Youtube video tutorial, I think its working.

Problem is AI line up at holding point and don't depart?

Any advice please?

Thanks in naticipation

Andrew