Sign in to follow this  
dazza1980

UK2000 EGLC

HI all,

I was hoping that the wealth of knowledge on here could help me with an issue I am having with UK2000 EGLC airport.

Firstly, I have requested a forum login over at UK2000 for my first port of call with the issue, but I guess the guys over there are busy as its been a while since the request, hence the plea here.

I have the latest P3d V3.3.5 installed.

Am using FTX Global, Vector and England.

Have numerous UK2000 airports installed, but do not have the VFR airfields or any other third party airports in the London region installed, all purely UK2000.

So now to the problem, a curious one.

If I start a a flight at EGLC, all is well and dandy, no issues whatsoever.

Issues happen on arrival at EGLC.

On approach all is fine, the minute I get to within 100 feet, the whole airport (buildings and runway) drop below the terrain by about 8 feet or so, leaving the tops of the buildings showing. I can land no problem on what I assume is the FTX ground texture and terrain.

Obviously, the FTX textures are quite basic, leaving me with no runway and taxi markings and the buildings (and static vehicles) poking through the ground.

AI treats the ground as normal so it doesn't affect AI in terms of ground level.

I have moved all my UK2000 scenery above the FTX stuff in the scenery library. I have tried adjusting the terrain Mesh Resolution to see if that helps.

I have used different aircraft, but nothing helps.

Has anybody encountered this or have any suggestions as to why this happens or how to fix it?

Thank you for taking the time to read through!

Darren

Darren Palmer

It is probably an elevation conflict between add ons (Possibly an elevation conflict between EGLC Global and England) . Have a search through for EGLC files and see if there are any duplicate AFCADS or EGLC .BGL files with CVX in the name (I believe these contain elevation information). Even AI programs can affect elevations (when setting parking gates etc).

Are you running any specific mesh?

Is there anything specific in the UK 2000 scenery install process with respect to installing in FTX scenery. I vaguely recall a post having something to do with the installation order when using FTX.

Maybe a search on the forum.

Also try disabling various add ons (one at a time) in the scenery manager and see what the results are.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Thank you for taking the time to read through!

Darren

Did you run the Vector auto config tool after installation?

André

Thanks for the replies,

I did have a look for EGLC AFCAD files and such, but will go over them one more time.

Im not using any specific mesh I believe.

Im using My Traffic 6 AI, maybe that might cause on issue? I will have a look though their forums.

UK2000 recommends having them above FTX in the scenery library, which I have.

I will give a go at disabling the FTX stuff and see whether that makes a difference.

awf, yes I did run the configuration, but it doesn't show at as needing attention.

Thank you

Darren Palmer

Try running it again and make sure you click apply after you get the completion pop up. It takes a while to apply it as well sometimes. I've forgotten to click apply in the past even though I swore I did. I've also had to run it more than once to get it to do everything properly.

Chris

Thanks for the replies,

I did have a look for EGLC AFCAD files and such, but will go over them one more time.

Im not using any specific mesh I believe.

Im using My Traffic 6 AI, maybe that might cause on issue? I will have a look though their forums.

UK2000 recommends having them above FTX in the scenery library, which I have.

I will give a go at disabling the FTX stuff and see whether that makes a difference.

awf, yes I did run the configuration, but it doesn't show at as needing attention.

Thank you

Try pulling or disable the afcad in My Traffic 6 for EGLC. Sometimes there can be a conflict with payware airports.

NAX669.png

I have tried all of the above to no avail.

I have disabled all addons apart from EGLC and I still get the same issue.

Im not sure what else left to try. Quite frustrating as I purchased the Q400 recently, mainly for the purpose of flying in and out of EGLC!

Darren Palmer

If you think that you are landing on the FTX ground texture and terrain, then it may be an FTX elevation problem. Does FTX Global (or Vector) install any ALT files for airports in your World/Scenery folder?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

From what I can see, I dont think it has.

Whether this may help but I have noticed that as the ground textures load in, thats when the airport starts to drop.

So flying into London, ground textures are blurry, as can be expected with such a high density area. As these blurries load in (in two stages), thats when the airport drops.

Darren Palmer

Are these posts of any use:

UPDATE: I've now fixed this problem, which was to do with FTX Global Vector which includes airport elevation changes, I ran the FTX Vector config tool and in that you can disable elevation changes to specific airports.

and

http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=8464.0

http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=8481.0

Cheers

Steve Hall

Sadly not, I have run AEC numerous times. However, EGLC doesnt show up in either list to enable or disable it from AEC.

Darren Palmer

MyTraffic 6 may well install an AFD file. Have you checked this?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Dazza

Have you the very last version of your all OrbX products ? Have you the last version of the FTX Central and OrbXLibs ? Have you run the recent migratory process ?

If so and still have the issue, head to the OrbX forums where there is a compatibility sub-forum dedicated to that kind of problem. That may help !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yes I have checked the MT6 folder and removed the EGLC AFD file.

And yes everything is up to date, I guess I should head over there aswell and see what comes up?

I was wondering whether installing the FreemeshX files may resolve it? Or would that complicate things further?

Darren Palmer

I have seen your post over on the UK2000 forum, and I will try to think of possible solutions if I can. I do not use ORBx FTX Global/Vector/England, so it is difficult for me to determine the source of your problem!

EDIT: Are you able to post a few screenshots? Preferably, one or two when you start from UK2000 London City Xtreme, and some more when you have arrived from elsewhere. You can attach screenshots directly to your posts on the UK2000 forum.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png