Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Skymaxpro and RWC turbulence in 10.50B6

Steve,

I use XP10 mostly in Europe, and specially in Portugal and Spain.

METAR data, and AIREP / PIREP, are the only available observational data. All of the rest are forecasts, not observations ( TAF ) and weather charts ( WAFS ) and other products.

As a long time beta tester for HiFiTech, I know it's a different world when it comes to weather modeling on both simulators, but the NOAA plugin does a remarkable job in injecting weather, and is indeed my preferred.

Just as a side not, I work at the Portuguese Metoffice, so... that's my business :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks for your explanation José! In that case you obviously know what you are talking about. :smile:

Interestingly, among the rare cases where I've encountered turbulence in Europe, were two flights across the Pyrenees, and it was some serious turbulence too!

Do you guys fly in the US?

I usually fly from KJFK or KMIA to some destination in the Caribbean. So that might explain the turbulence and winds. Since b6, I have not been getting the disappearing cloud formations. Sure, some fade in and fade out of clouds is seen but nothing major.

I agree AS + ASCA looks promising. REX is coming out with Skyforce 3D that looks fantastic.  That might tempt me to have a look at P3D V3, we'll see.

they always look the same - nice blue skies scattered with a varying amount of cumulus clouds

When I had the Python/NOAA working, I most always had clouds around me, even with the latest betas.  When I realized that 10.50b was using NOAA in the native program, it seemed worth the time to test without the plugin.  Today, I saw some low cumulus about 40 miles away (this is US guys) and flew toward them, watching them increase in size until I was in them.  Beautiful soft semi-transparent  with puffs.  Blue skies?  Yes, but that's the local weather and it seemed as real as in any simulator I have ever used.  Also, with RWC, no sudden changes.  Consistent build up and decrease on the other side.

John

John Wingold

Ah, so you're using the default weather as a source for SMP/RWC? Admittedly I hadn't thought about that, always been using the NOAA plugin (until 10.50b the default weather was pretty much useless outside of the US). I'll give it a try now! :smile:

• Upvote 1

Steve,

I use XP10 mostly in Europe, and specially in Portugal and Spain.

METAR data, and AIREP / PIREP, are the only available observational data. All of the rest are forecasts, not observations ( TAF ) and weather charts ( WAFS ) and other products.

As a long time beta tester for HiFiTech, I know it's a different world when it comes to weather modeling on both simulators, but the NOAA plugin does a remarkable job in injecting weather, and is indeed my preferred.

Just as a side not, I work at the Portuguese Metoffice, so... that's my business :-)

Well have been countless times above up in the skies (Netherlands), but find that with testing the default wx which

should have the NOAA data incorporate, that it's to smooth compared to real life ;-)

Just wondering maybe a setting or a conflict or the beta?

André