Sign in to follow this  
funkcanna

Squares over scenery

Hi, if you check the pics you can see that some scenery items have a black square around them.  This is over Australia and I have FTX Australia Installed.  Im wondering if maybe its related to Textures from REX but thought id post here first.

http://imgur.com/a/vqUVN

Anyone seen anything like this before?

P3DV3

You should post your problem at ORBX forum. Everytime I posted there, I get a quick answer and solution to my scenery troubles.

Best regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

This is a well known issue. Go to the OrbX forum to get support.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

best to go to ftx  forum sure you will get  the solution, not rex related

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Funkcanna, first of all, welcome to AVSIM.

Your concerns, observations and experiences are welcome here. Notwithstanding opinions to the contrary it is still a good idea to post discussions, praises and problem reports here at AVSIM. This place has been 'Flight Simmers Central' for decades. You have come to a good place.

Post at ORBX too. However, for those that do not have full access to ORBX forums or cannot find what they are looking for in the myriads of posts, this place can be very helpful. In fact for those redirecting traffic away from here, a particular specific ORBX link that addresses an issue such as this would be helpful to many.

Just my personal opinion. Others may vary! :)

Kind regards,

• Upvote 1

Funkcanna, first of all, welcome to AVSIM.

Your concerns, observations and experiences are welcome here. Notwithstanding opinions to the contrary it is still a good idea to post discussions, praises and problem reports here at AVSIM. This place has been 'Flight Simmers Central' for decades. You have come to a good place.

For those that do not have full access to ORBX forums or cannot find what they are looking for in the myriads of posts, this place can be very helpful. In fact for those redirecting traffic away from here, a particular specific ORBX link that addresses an issue such as this would be helpful to many.

Just my personal opinion. Others may vary! :)

Kind regards,

While I agree with your suggestions in general, there's no reason why spmeone who has actually purchased the product NOT to have full access to the ORBX forums...

The best advice would be to:

1) first search well. If he can't find the answer to a well known issues for an ORBX product in the ORBX forums, I'll bet my last dollar he will not find it here either. Sure, you. An just post the question, as he did, but that can be done on the other site too

2) seek support with the dev of your product first

3) if that fails, go seek other forums like avsim

Just my 2 cents

While I agree with your suggestions in general, there's no reason why spmeone who has actually purchased the product NOT to have full access to the ORBX forums...

Hi Carlos,

Actually I agree with your point, and have slightly edited my post accordingly. This is after all, an "unofficial" support forum!

Kind regards,

. In fact for those redirecting traffic away from here, a particular specific ORBX link that addresses an issue such as this would be helpful to many.

Let me rephrase it so I am sure I understand. You want us to post a link to the solution on the Orbx forum knowing that Orbx requires (and rightly so) that you show a proof of your purchase to provide support ?

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Let me rephrase it so I am sure I understand. You want us to post a link to the solution on the Orbx forum knowing that Orbx requires (and rightly so) that you show a proof of your purchase to provide support ?

Rightfully so, no one can post there without proving to be a customer. In fact registered customer only areas cannot be accessed without signing in, so such private links cannot display here, or anywhere.

I suggest that if there is a publically readable solution, then it might be beneficial to have helping hands point to a specific link where they can be easily found.

Good point though! You are quite right to remind that no one wants to support pirates and software thieves.

Kind regards,

In this regard, I note with interest that even Jim Young has sought help for a recent problem over at the Orbx forums instead of over here.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"