Sign in to follow this  
bpcw001

Again good stuff coming to the Lear 35 with version 2.6

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the heads up - need to download new one...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Got the Milviz radar but its not working, days "MV_WMX.dll incompatible with sim"(lastest PD3version, now following ticket from RX support). If you guys know a fix for this let me know....txs

About the lear update, i always felt i made one of my best investments, since bought ive flown 350.8 hours/144 flights and yes, almost fly this arcft only) - i flew it yesterday...hahaha crazy!

Keep up the good work! ;-)

Lots of people have this problem, including me, with the Rex/Milvyz WXR RDR in P3DV3, and have reported it to the dedicated forum at REX waiting for an answer :wink:

Cheers

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I have not yet tried if it works like this in the new 2.6 version since I got the Simmarket update information only this morning.

It may not be a bug after all, but some great modeling of an intricate Learjet 35A detail :smile:

There are different versions of the Lear35A. For those with the manual 3 position switch the Lear35A manual says:

"Aircraft 35-107. 35-113 & Subsequent not incorporating

AMK 91-2. Aircraft 36-032 & Subsequent not incorporating

AMK91-2.

The WSHLD HT switch has three positions labeled ON, HOLD, OFF. In

the OFF position, no windshield airflow is available. In the ON position, the

control valve is fully open allowing maximum airflow to the windshield. The

HOLD position is used to stop the control valve in any position between fully

closed and fully open. If a change in airflow is desired, set switch to OFF

or ON until desired airflow is obtained then set switch to HOLD.

TO ACTIVATE THE SYSTEM

1. WSHLD HT Switch - ON. The green WSHLD HT light will come

on when the control valve begins to open. If the red WSHLD OV

HT light comes on, the overheat shutoff valve will automatically

close until the windshield has cooled, then open again.

2. To reduce flow in the event of excessive noise or system cycling:

WSHLD HT Switch - OFF, until flow is acceptable, then HOLD."

There is a setting for the green WSHLD HT light in the interior.MDL files that apparently didn't get changed when they went to the 3 position windshield heat switch.  I expect it will eventually get fixed.

I have been flying this a/c 3 or 4 times per week and like it more every time.

Al

There are different versions of the Lear35A. For those with the manual 3 position switch the Lear35A manual says:

"Aircraft 35-107. 35-113 & Subsequent not incorporating

AMK 91-2. Aircraft 36-032 & Subsequent not incorporating

AMK91-2.

The WSHLD HT switch has three positions labeled ON, HOLD, OFF. In

the OFF position, no windshield airflow is available. In the ON position, the

control valve is fully open allowing maximum airflow to the windshield. The

HOLD position is used to stop the control valve in any position between fully

closed and fully open. If a change in airflow is desired, set switch to OFF

or ON until desired airflow is obtained then set switch to HOLD.

TO ACTIVATE THE SYSTEM

1. WSHLD HT Switch - ON. The green WSHLD HT light will come

on when the control valve begins to open. If the red WSHLD OV

HT light comes on, the overheat shutoff valve will automatically

close until the windshield has cooled, then open again.

2. To reduce flow in the event of excessive noise or system cycling:

WSHLD HT Switch - OFF, until flow is acceptable, then HOLD."

There is a setting for the green WSHLD HT light in the interior.MDL files that apparently didn't get changed when they went to the 3 position windshield heat switch.  I expect it will eventually get fixed.

I have been flying this a/c 3 or 4 times per week and like it more every time.

Al

Thanks for confirmation. So it's a bug.

Well - one of the disadvantages of baking almost everything directly into the binary .MDL file instead of having the logic externally coded in XML gauges: we can't fix problems ourselves.

Dave P. Woycek

Well - one of the disadvantages of baking almost everything directly into the binary .MDL file instead of having the logic externally coded in XML gauges: we can't fix problems ourselves.

That is generally very true. However, what you can do sometimes is make character for character changes. For example, if the bug is a simple character error that shows up in a text editor, for example a + sign instead of a - sign, you can make that switch with the text editor, but you have to be very, very careful. What you can't do is anything that will change the size of the MDL file or the location of the bits in the MDL file, since it has been complied. Even an extra space will render the file corrupt. So if you are ever temped to try this, the first thing you must do is BACKUP the original MDL file!

Al

Lots of people have this problem, including me, with the Rex/Milvyz WXR RDR in P3DV3, and have reported it to the dedicated forum at REX waiting for an answer :wink:

Cheers

Pat

Thanks Pat, as soon as its ready will share...

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

That is generally very true. However, what you can do sometimes is make character for character changes. For example, if the bug is a simple character error that shows up in a text editor, for example a + sign instead of a - sign, you can make that switch with the text editor, but you have to be very, very careful. What you can't do is anything that will change the size of the MDL file or the location of the bits in the MDL file, since it has been complied. Even an extra space will render the file corrupt. So if you are ever temped to try this, the first thing you must do is BACKUP the original MDL file!

Al

Al, I think we're both on the same page here. I am used to fix stuff in addons, no matter if it means hex-editing MDL files, editing .air files or make fixes in XML gauge code :smile:

Dave P. Woycek

Al, I think we're both on the same page here. I am used to fix stuff in addons, no matter if it means hex-editing MDL files, editing .air files or make fixes in XML gauge code :smile:

Dave - I do enjoy trying to fix what I can.   I have not ventured into the world of air files, but have played a bit with XML files, and to a much lesser extent with .MDL files. It was satisfying to be able to find and fix the windshield and IAS/Mach light bugs in the recent L35A ver 2.6 release.  Thrill of the hunt, I guess.

I also like adding things (such as the Lua scripts for replacing mouse clicks with keys or buttons)  that improve the flying experience, at least in my judgement.   :smile:  Developing the scripts for the L35A autopilot, which was mainly for a friend of mine that I fly with quite a bit,  was an interesting challenge that took awhile.

Another fun project was developing what I jokingly call my Wind Radar gauge (pics below) that has absolutely nothing to do with radar other than I use the existing radar screen space in the L35 panel.  I mainly like to hand fly instrument approaches and don't have a need for radar, but also didn't like having the blank radar screen all the time.  So I use the space to display some useful info including the current altimeter setting that flashes red when the setting needs to be updated in the main altimeter's Kollsman window (by hitting the B key).

Al

37bbacf871.jpg

8eca866a6f.jpg

BTW, if anyone with an 'empty' L35A radar screen wants the file for the wind gauge depicted above PM me an email address and I'll be glad to send you the CAB file to stick in the gauges folder. You will also have to replace one line in each of the two panel.cfg files.

Al

So, I did some reading in "Flying the Classic Learjet" in order to shed some light on this.

When operating in AUTO mode, the green windshield ann light is indeed supposed to come on. I may cite:

"Placing the system in the automatic mode is accomplished by pulling the IN NORMAL/OUT DEFOG knob out and placing the AUTO-MAN switch in the AUTO position which opens the defog shutoff valve. The green WSHLD HT light on the readout panel will light."

I have not yet tried if it works like this in the new 2.6 version since I got the Simmarket update information only this morning.

It may not be a bug after all, but some great modeling of an intricate Learjet 35A detail :smile:

It is not a bug, when windshield heat is on you will see a green annunciator.An overheat condition which will cause the system to be disabled and illuminate a red annunciator.Once the over temperature condition clears the system will function again.Windshield heat uses bleed air that flows out the external vents directly in front of the left and right windshields.It is used for de fogging purposes as the windshield when cold soaked will rapidly fog over when descending into warm humid air.It is also useful to clear precipitation in the pilots view in both ground or flight operation.

The windshield is a one inch thick plastic material that over time can been damaged by excessive use of windshield heat and is not required for use except as described.In normal operations typical use would be in to start a low flow of bleed air over the windshield about thirty minutes prior to arrival when humid condtions are expected.Use of air conditioning will help dehumidify the cabin and help prevent internal fogging of the windshield.Anti icing is provided by methanol flowing over the same area covered by the bleed air flow.

The statement regarding "in normal / out defog" applies to an early serial numbered aircraft that would not have a 51,000 foot environmental system and does not apply to the FSW version.

Gary Stewart

Gary,

In  ver 2.6 the green annunciator light is on when the windshield heat switch is off, and goes off when the windshield heat is on.

Al

Gary,

In  ver 2.6 the green annunciator light is on when the windshield heat switch is off, and goes off when the windshield heat is on.

Al

Yes the on/off got messed up that is a bug. The correct logic is on = green, off = nada. I was referring earlier posts regarding what color annunciator it should be.

Gary Stewart

Yep, this happened when I told Mark to make it a 3-way switch instead of a 2-way switch. This must have caused a hickup with the announciator light (the sound is still correctly played). I already reported this to him, he likes to continue work on the Falcon for now however; the last update was quite a big one delaying further progress on this project.

Before it comes up, we also tried to fix the pressurization system; the current one is based on the standard FSX model, and all inputs to the FSX-pressurization model are correct; the system itself however is totally unusable. Therefore, to make it work like it should (including a correctly working rate selector and gauge) a fully custom system would have to be programmed. This was a too big thing for the 2.6 update, however I will try to convince Mark to do it for the Falcon and then adapt it back into the Lear as well.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

I see that a 2.7 update is now out. Has the green windshield heat light logic been addressed in this update?

Andrew