Sign in to follow this  
bigsky10

Grand Caravan EX Troubles

Hi all,

I am looking for a little help.  Not sure whether it is because of windows updates or what but I have a couple add-on aircraft that no longer work. I have the V.2  of the Grand Caravan EX install on my FSX.  It was working Ok until Microsoft pushed out a number of updates.  Now I am having problems.  I had profiles built up in FSUIPC4 which do not work.  When I load the aircraft (Carenado Caravan EX) it shuts down completely and finally when I get it started auto pilot does not work. The  altitude select knob turns but will not set an altitude in the PDF. The HDG and CRS1 knob on the AFCS control Unit turn but there is no indications on PDF.    I have uninstalled and reinstalled it three times, Deleted the profile in FSX module and started over twice.  I am about to install it and build profile again but will wait for some suggestions.  I was thinking about building a profile for the default FSX Caravan and then copying it over to see if that makes a difference.  This aircraft was working fine even with the FSUIPC profile.

I download with no Norton running for installation.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Dick H

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2

Win 7 Home Premium SP1

Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz

10 GB RAM

64-bit Operating System

Sounds like a problem caused by a saved flight. Go to documents/Flight Simulator X Files and remove any file you may have created. FSX will reset to default with the para-glider. See if that works.

Don Nelson

I'm not sure if there's a link between the two but I have exactly the sane problem when I apply the GTN750 mod for the Grand Caravan EX v2, Everything is fine except the AP settings do not show on the PFD. 

If I remove the GTN mod, all is OK. As I said above, not sure if there's a common factor between the two problems but hoping someone can detect a common ground.

Mario Di Lauro

I failed to mention I'm using FSX Gold, Win7. I have the 750 also, never installed the mod. Is this a mod by Bert?

I also have registered FSVIPC and Norton Security. The Caravan EX v2 works fine with no mods. Bigsky 10 did you get it figured out?

Don Nelson

Yes think so.  I just deleted the aircraft, reinstalled and left the MOD off.  I used the F1 GTN config tool and just use it that way.  It works just fine.  Must be something in the V2 that doesn't work with the MOD.  I just move gauges to screen 2 and work it that way .

Bigsky10