Sign in to follow this  
douglas96

FS Global Ultimate installation problem

Hi all.

I recently purchased all three sets of FS Global Ultimate and also the P3dv3 mesh installer available from PILOTS. Using the mesh installer program I installed FS Global Ultimate Asia & Oceania first. After this process had finished and the PC had rebooted, I loaded P3dv3 as normal, and as expected, it started building the scenery base. It took about a minute or so to complete this process, so this part was as expected. 

The problem was that the scenery hadn't changed a bit when I loaded set my start location at Provideniya Bay, Russia. I then closed P3d and restarted it with the location set to Murmansk, Russia. Again no change from the default. I then looked at the "scenery.cfg" file to see if it was referencing the correct file location. It was (D:\FSGUX\ASI). Exactly the same thing happened when I installed Europe & Africa. I loaded a flight at Kigali Intl, Rwanda, and another at Bole Intl, Ethiopia. No change from the default scenery mesh. P3d does take a bit longer now to load as would be expected if the meshes were installed correctly.

The only other scenery addon I have installed in P3d is MyTraffic 6.0, however I changed the priority of the newly installed meshes above this after trying to find what is causing this, and then unchecked this from the scenery database altogether. I then uninstalled both FSGU's and then reinstalled them. Nothing, so far, has solved this.

I must add that this is also occuring in my installs of FSX, and FSX-SE. It is almost as if the data files are corrupt, however I can't understand how this could be the case.

And yes, all my scenery sliders are maxed out.

PC specs - 

Motherboard         - ASUS X99 Sabertooth

CPU                      - Intel i7-5930k (NOT OC'D)

Storage config      - 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS and 3TB WD Caviar Black HDD for everything else (FSX, P3d, etc)

GPU                     - Nvidia GTX 960 (yes, I do intend on upgrading this for a 1080ti !)

OS                       -  Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Thanks in advance for any help, and it's all appreciated.

I'm using the Pilots meshes without problem. I recommend you use the free Scenery Configuration Editor (see AVSIM library), current version is P3Dv3 aware.  The mesh installers are not P3D aware and cannot make the necessary entries into the scenery.cfg file.  Use the editor for this to make it easy. Add the mesh areas below default scenery areas Africa being the lowest and above the Base entries.

I did not use a P3D installer.... not sure if it is P3Dv3 aware or not. I might be for v2.  Regardless, the problem might be the scenery.cfg file.

Dan Downs KCRP

@Douglas96

Did you try a location like Interlaken (Swiss), for instance? As I remember most noticable changes to the default mesh occur in mountainous areas, not those with moderate hills. Perhaps you expect more changes in areas that are depicted realistically by default mesh.

I got no problem with Global Ultimate in P3D V.3xx.

I'm using the Pilots meshes without problem. I recommend you use the free Scenery Configuration Editor (see AVSIM library), current version is P3Dv3 aware.  The mesh installers are not P3D aware and cannot make the necessary entries into the scenery.cfg file.  Use the editor for this to make it easy. Add the mesh areas below default scenery areas Africa being the lowest and above the Base entries.

I did not use a P3D installer.... not sure if it is P3Dv3 aware or not. I might be for v2.  Regardless, the problem might be the scenery.cfg file.

Hi. Thanks for the response. After reading your reply, I decided to give the program a shot, however after having read the manual and trying to add the scenery with this program, it still has the same end result - no change from default. Also, the mesh installer I have purchased from PILOTS is specifically for P3dv3 and costs €5.

@Douglas96

Did you try a location like Interlaken (Swiss), for instance? As I remember most noticable changes to the default mesh occur in mountainous areas, not those with moderate hills. Perhaps you expect more changes in areas that are depicted realistically by default mesh.

I got no problem with Global Ultimate in P3D V.3xx.

Hi. Thanks also for your response. I have also tried Zurich, and there wasn't any noticeable changes to the mesh. I did, though, have FS Global 2010 installed recently in FSX-SE and the changes to Murmansk and Provideniya Bay were incredible. However, there is literally no change from the default scenery mesh when I have installed FS Global Ultimate.

I have now uninstalled everything Flight sim related and cleared everything in AppData, etc relating to P3d or FSX and will try a full reinstall tonight. I'll see if I can post screens of what I mean. Thanks.