Sign in to follow this  
usairways56

Maddog Manager Registration

Forgive me for having to post this specific issue on the general FSX forum, but I see there is no Leonardo Maddog dedicated support forum here, and the forums on their website are very inactive.

I reinstalled my Leonardo Maddog 2010 version from Simmarket today. Every time I open up the "Manager & Setup" now it prompts me with the screen to enter my Enable Key. Once I do, it accepts it and everything's fine. But it never saves my key, so I have to do this every single time I open the program. The plane will fly fine in FSX, but I rely on the manager obviously for fuel and load planning, and changing the aircraft options. It's very annoying, and it saved the key in the past with no problems. 

I sent an email to support@flythemaddog.com earlier today but I have heard that support is almost non-existent. Has anybody else ever run into this problem and do you know of a solution?

*If I try to enter my email and Purchase Code, it says that my email is not in the database.*

Jim Schroeder

i9 9900k @ 5.0ghz | Gigabyte GTX1080ti | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3600 

I can see two situations:

- Try disabling your antivirus and protection apps like firewall, etc. It seems like the Maddog manager tries to register your key but it can´t because something is blocking it. In that case, it ask for your data everytime.

- Do you have your FSX installed inside "C:\Program Files (x86)"? If so, you probably not giving the correct permissions to the manager register your data. Try opening it with administrator rights to see what happens.

I have it installed here in windows10 and managed to register in the fist use. (Using Avast payware here) Good luck.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Thanks for your help, Flavio. When I opened it with Administrator Rights it works. 

It's interesting that it still doesn't register when I click on it normally but does under Admin. I have FSX installed in its own folder on a separate SSD.

It doesn't matter much now that I have it working, but do you think that running the original installer as Admin could have stopped this issue?

Jim Schroeder

i9 9900k @ 5.0ghz | Gigabyte GTX1080ti | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3600 

I think yes, because with the admin option you gave permission to the aplication to save and alter files needed to register your key. Glad it worked.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics