Sign in to follow this  
Cloudminer

First Impression and Observations

I installed V1.1 today. They only fixed the environmental switch, ammeters, autopilot start-up, gear-up warning conditions (which I didn't check), and supposedly the beacon/strobe switch. It's still not right. They didn't fix the .cfg settings, though.

I'll send them a list.

As a flyer yourself, what is your overall impression on their flight models compared to the published figures? This aspect seems to have improved.

I'd say the flight models, performance and dynamics are pretty good. The feeling will be different, of course, because of how a PC yoke/joystick feels and how the settings are within the sim. The buffetting at high angle of attacks (when nearing the stall) could enhance the sim experience, like MilViz has done in their T-38.

What I REALLY hate is the trim simulation, but that's a flight sim problem. It's programmed as if all airplanes had a trimmable horizontal stabilizer. That means the whole stabilizer will move to maintain a flight attitude and the control surface (elevator) will remain neutral (as in a 737, A320, CRJ...), instead of the trim moving the control surface that will maintain a control surface position, to maintain a desired airplane attitude (as in a Cessna, Piper, King Air...).

For example: When flying a Cessna in the sim, you can put aft trim, the elevator remains neutral (which is wrong) and still put more pitch with the elevator. This doesn't happen in the real airplane: Because the trim (tab) moves the elevator (which is linked to the yoke), when you put aft trim, the elevator rises and the yoke will move aft as well.

There is nearly always an aftermarket sound released...

If you are talking about the Arezone products, they are worse than the sounds that come with the aircraft sometimes. Poor transition sounds, almost no engine sound at the lower end of the power setting, no audible difference with prop pitch changes. Rushed out, opportunistic, badly engineered sounds, and on many occasions not recorded from the aircraft type.

I spend many years in my younger days flying and working in GA.

As for first impressions... now that I have flown it a bit, I would say that the Seminole is one of my favorite airplanes in FSX.

Feels great to sit in the cockpit, instruments where I can see them, handles just lovely, great GTN 750 integration..

Gold star from me!  :wub:

Bert

In what sense?  Have they at least got convincing engine interior sounds?  Well blended?

I have over 1000 hours in the seminole and the sounds in this are terrible. 

I have over 1000 hours in the seminole and the sounds in this are terrible. 

Yup pretty much all their sounds are average at best - cookie cutter - their sound packs are the ones you can buy from simmarket etc. you didnt think they actually go out and record real sounds - thats not going to happen

Rich Sennett

FSAudio guy has released a sound pack...

Seems pretty good to me although I haven't been in the real thing.

You can check it out on youtube.

Dave

Do you have a link? I couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Do you have a link? I couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Just search Alabeo Seminole at youtube and change to date added to newest its there 

Rich Sennett

Cloudminer, I have successfully used your cfg. file, thank you! Is the gear warning tied to your cfg? It goes off at 50% throttle, so beeps all around the circuit. Very annoying!! It may be part of the original cfg, too. I've deleted the gear warning code in the cfg and even turned the gear warning sounds OFF in the sounds package I bought. In the Alabeo Aztec the gear warning sound goes off at about 10% throttle. 

Does anyone have this cfg still. The link is obviously dead after three years. But I would be grateful!

RobdeVries.jpg

On 12/8/2019 at 7:12 AM, RobdeVries said:

Does anyone have this cfg still. The link is obviously dead after three years. But I would be grateful!

I see you didn't get a response. Bumping this up as I also would like the updated cfg file if still available.