Sign in to follow this  
Max Kraus

This sim is starting to shine ...

Hi,With some useful addons this sim is really starting to look great! Even with my old Athlon XP2100+ I got this (see attatched screenshot). Both hard- and software setting are pretty low. The combo ASV and FS Sky World/FSGenesis/UT USA/BEV really makes thing shine!Wonder how this will be on my new rig. I have an Athlon 64 3500+/GeForce 7800GT waiting at the store. Gonna pick it up next week :).Eagle

Guest OneTinSoldier

Cool screenie. I can hardly imagine flying without some of the wonderful addons that are available.Enjoy your new system! It should make a nice bit of difference for you. :)Cheers,OneTinSoldier

can I ask what your full syteme specs on your old rig becuase that looks awesome

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

AMD Athlon XP 2100+1GB RAMATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Omega 2.5.97a drivers)19' Sony TFTCreative SB Audigy 2The Radeon 9800 is helping a lot, but I don't know how much time I've spent making it work. Actually the Omega driver is old, and the only one without problems (as long as I stay away from scemes). I chose nVidia on the new one, even though ATI might make better cards, the drivers are too troublesome. Never had any problems with my earlier nVidia cards.The big problem with my old system is the "brain"

Guest bdg

EagleI have the 3500+. Moved from a pentium and it was the best move I maid. I do have the newer ATI XT so not quite the same but depending on what processor you moved from you most likely will see a tremendous improvement. Good luckBob

Guest bdg

Sorry Eagle. Just noticed you have Nvidia. I was thinking ATI when I read that. I'm sure you will be extremely happy.Bob

Now look at this (attachment) :-sun1 !!!I used to fly mostly in Norway, cause at least something is familiar here, and we have som pretty good scenerey. But this BEV/ASV etc. etc. environment really makes a difference. I've never been in USA. The old sim didn't give me anything that made it interresting to fly there either, it looked the same everywhere. Today I flew low and slow in the Phoenix aerea, and now I'm at FL320. Cities, lakes, rivers, roads, desert, it's amazing!Just wanted to share. For what it's worth :)(Btw, I'm still on the old rig ...)Eagle

Actually it is ready, but one of my clients is way overdue with a payment to me. Should I gather some fellow simers and chase him up?:-outta Here's another shot from todays flight, look at that ground :) (I guess Tom is throwing me over to the Screenshot forum now!)Eagle

Well done. Nice screeie. You'll get so much enjoymeny out of FS now.Keep adding!

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU