Sign in to follow this  
John JF

Crash after using simulation rate >8x

Hi

I in need of some help. A while ago i posted topic in the official prepared forum, which is that I've been having issues since v3.1, in that the simulation crashes after using simulation rate greater than 8x. Once going back down to 4 and below the traffic re loads, carries on a for a few moments, then crashes. This happens regardless of any add ons installed etc. Its completely ruined my experience with prepar3d. 

If anyone could offer any help id appreciate it.

thanks. 

. Its completely ruined my experience with prepar3d. 

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you.  But I'm curious as to why the inability to speed your sim up to 16x speed would ruin your sim experience ?

The only times I've been tempted to increase the sim rate was when using FSX with Air Hauler and I was running close to a deadline. I would invariably find that if I tried to go above x8 it would crash.

Never tried it in P3D so also cannot answer the question. Would sooner save a flight and run it again later than just speed up the rate. 

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Its completely ruined my experience with prepar3d. 

And using Simrate 8X/16X doesn't?  :blink:

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Not that I ever use it, but from my FSX days, I remember that this was a common problem. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Unfortunately I don't have time to sit at my PC spending hours in cruise on transatlantic flights for example, so I find it useful. I never would go beyond 8x as most autopilots can't keep up. It never seemed to be a problem in the past for myself. If I turn traffic to 0 the problem doesn't occur as there is no reload.