Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

AVSIM Library (Login & Search Errors)

Hello

Really don't know where to place this post. (Feel free to move it)

Seems something is broken with the AVSIM Library:

1.- Unable to login, there is No login button, it disappeared.

Welcome to the AVSIM Library.
Your Library Administrators are:
Chase Kreznor, Dave Opper, Abd-Elrahman Nagy, Rod Thompson, Jesse Casserly and Igor Vuvkovecki!
If you have any questions, please have a look at our FAQ Section. (We can almost guarantee your problem has been answered there!)
If you still have troubles, you can e-mail the team.

Total Library Members: 622324 -- Total Files in Library: 195964 -- Library Last Updated: 18th July 2016 09:45 GMT
To register for (or unsubscribe from) the AVSIM Newsletter, please visit here
Quick Search

2.- Many searches return with the following error.

Something broke...
Regrettably, a database error has occurred. We won't be able to do what you've asked right now.
Please contact the Library Staff, telling them exactly what you did to cause this error. Click here to go back

Thanks.

I have sent to emails to the staff over the past week, with no email answer. I did message a couple people who said they had no problems signing in or out.]

For me the problem it the opposite. I can sign into the library just fine. However-there NO LONGER IS A LOG OUT button or area, refreshing does nothing. I clear my Cache all the time, and I know I have ZERO virus, bugs, etc in my system. Also for me, I see NO NEW addons since July 20th, today is the 24th - 2200 Mountain time, and still no new addons and no sign out from downloads area.

I have not received any of your e-mails.  If you sent them to the Library, then I would not have received those.  We are now aware of this problem and looking for a solution.  We hope to have it fixed soon.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello,

1) The search errors should be solved by now, please report if you're still getting them.

2) The logout button issue is being investigated currently.

We are now aware of this problem and looking for a solution.

2) The logout button issue is being investigated currently.

Hello

Thanks for looking into this.

JFYI: There is still no LOGIN button for me.

But I can search and access the library files  without login in.

but, If I want to download then it asks me to login.

Cheers.

If I click on Upload Files in the Library, I will receive a prompt to logon.  I will also see at the top next to my username "I want to logout".  Still, from the main Library page, I have no option to logon or off.

However, if I click on "I want to logout", I will be taken to the front page of the Library with the option to sign in.  Still do not have the logon option if I start from clicking on the Library tab in the AVSIM Forums.  I have to click on Upload files or as someone else stated, when I do a search for something to download, I will be prompted for my password.  So starting to believe this is by design.  Why should you logon if you are not uploading or downloading a file?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well not to make anyone mad, But as on 13:30 GMT, the last update of the file library shows at July 27th, it is not August 1st. Usually there are new files most everyday. So I am asking IS this the correct status of the Library? Thats a full 4 day gap, If there was nothing new added thats fine, or are you now updating every few days? I am just telling you what I see, and if it is correct? thanks again, and still no Log OFF area except after you select something to download, then I cancel the download and can hit the I WANT TO SIGN OUT in that area