Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeff S KDTW

Captain Slarty

Steve, please wish him well from everyone here.Best,Mike MacKuen

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest danowat

The exact same reason a lot of others got banned from there, FS.com could'nt handle what some were saying.Most of it was tongue in cheek, but I don't think the american market get the British sense of humour sometimes ;)Dan.

Guest panzerschiffe

>Most of it was tongue in cheek, but I don't think the american>market get the British sense of humour sometimes ;)>>Dan.That was the problem. Lots of people weren't finding him funny.His was quick with the jests, but they were always with a barb. It was enough to get him banned from those forums.

Guest _patrol_

Yea, I think some people were too thin skinned for Slarty's sense of humor. Personally I enjoyed it.David

Guest Tim13

Slarty was a teacher? :-lol Now I've heard it all. Why is it that the people that are the most disruptive are the ones who should know better? A grown man, in a profession that deals with disruptive kids all day, turns into one on a game forum. Personally I thought that he was harmless, but I can see how some people would dislike him. Tim13

Great guy Slarty, plus Simon, plus John B. Good, unique people we won't see again.Peter Sydney Australia

I really miss his wisdom and wit. He was always helpful to me and responded personally to me on certain isssues. Captain...if you're out there, let's hear from you.

Guest Skymed

Slarty has been expelled/banned from just about every room he ever inhabited because he was not willing to play the game, bow to popular opinions nor allow the sellers of snake oil to get away with tomfoolery.I have forwarded this conversation to Slarty for his edification and enlightenment.Funny how the lil devil can cause a ruckus and not even be here :-))Steve

Guest Erick_Cantu

>Slarty has been expelled/banned from just about every room he>ever inhabited because he was not willing to play the game,>bow to popular opinions nor allow the sellers of snake oil to>get away with tomfoolery.Amen to that.

Well, seein' how you are gonna forward this over to ole' Slarty...tell him Mike T says HI! and we miss him (some of us anyway :-lol).I do believe that he and I got banned around the same time a few years back but FS.com never did it for me...do you know how many times I had to mow Tom A's lawn to get back in here? :-lol and he still won't let me have my first born back! :-lolRegards,Mike T.

Guest Flaps3

Whilst everyone is heaping praise on this person, I would like to give another view. He wasn't very tactful ... that is why he got banned from forums. I can't say I was sorry about his banishment ... I was delighted, in fact :D. I wasn't impressed when I dealt with him. The comments in this thread are all very nice, but it wasn't like that at all. I remember a LOT of people disliking him, because of his attitude.People get banned for a reason. His personality didn't suit the forum policy, and that is fine by me!http://users.bigpond.net.au/nazim/thumbsup.gif

Guest danowat

There is one statement that sums Slarty up for me"HE DID'NT SUFFER FOOLS LIGHTLY"THAT is the reason he got bannedDan.

Guest DemolitionMan

Yep, I loved Captain Slarty too, his wit and sarchasm were a joy to read.He was particulrly good at shooting [removed] artists down, and his pet hate were the "wonder tweaks" that he used to describe (quite rightly) as "snake oil"I was sad when he got banned from FS.com, but I got banned myself shortly afterwards, :) along with a lot of other people, for about the same reasons: Telling the truth, and protesting about the hypocracy over there. Ah, that was fun about a year ago,the famous Cap Mas*n (Pugwash :+) and Voice Buddy affair, a good time was had by all. I guess Captain Slarty must have been amused too, pity he was no longer there to take part. I wish him well with his plannedround-the-world sail, and wish there were more people like him around on the forums to raise the level a bit, although they end up getting banned anyway sooner or later. I suspect in part due to the average american just not being able to understand our british sense of humour, a lot of Slartys stuff was just misunderstood,it was really very funny.RegardsGrahame (EDHL)Edit: Please no swearing -F

Well I can understand the reason now why he was banned, but I still think he had a free mind and sometimes you just have to ignore some of the things he used to say. He was fun to have around and lets hope that he can join this forum (or flightsim forum) again.Stelios

Stelios Christofides