Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Some airliner aircraft comparison (X-Plane vs P3D)

Hello Guys, 

I am happy flightsimmer, who use P3D and X-Plane regularly (both sims have pros and cons, we all know that). I started using X-Plane about 3 months ago, when IXEG 737 came out and I absolutely love it. 

However, by now I only use IXEG in X-Plane and would like to buy some new aircrafts for this platfom to diversify my flightsim experience :). On P3D I mainly fly on PMDG 737 & 777, majestic dash q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A320 (sometimes). Those aircrafts don't have any real competition in X-Plane I assume. 

I chose this forum instead of P3D forum because there are more on this forum, who use P3D also than X-Plane users in P3D forum (I assume :))

I would like to hear guys from you an honest opinion which addon is better in terms of general experience (I mean overall, subjective ranking.The most important thing for me is make a whole flight without suprises) :) 

Airbus A320 family

Aerosoft vs JarDesign - I own an Aerosoft one and it's solid aircraft as you know. Is JarDesign worth buying in this case? 

Airbus A330

Blackbox vs JarDesign - I don't have any of these. I assume that JarDesign beats Blackbox in this case (till Aerosoft one?)

Airbus A340 

Blackbox vs ? - no airbus A340 for x-plane I suppose? 

Boeing 737 

PMDG vs IXEG - have both of them and they absolutely stunning.

Boeing 777

PMDG vs Flightfactor - PMDG beats the flightfactor I assume?

Boeing 747

iFly/PMDG vs - any alternative? 

Boeing 757 

Captain sim/Quality Wings vs Flightfactor - Is flightfactor worth buying? Captain sim/Quality wings ones seems to do not work on P3D

Boeing 767 

No real P3D aircraft vs Flightfactor - A must buy next I suppose? I heard that this is 2nd best airliner after IXEG. 

Embraer Family (170-195)

Wilco E-Jets vs ?? - It's interesting one. I used to use Wilco in FSX and still it is very nice aircraft (in terms of systems, etc). Is there any for X-Plane worth trying? 

Feel free to add other interesting aircrafts if I miss some. 

Thank you for your help :) 

Arek

I don't own all the planes you mentioned in P3d and X-plane.

I would strongly suggest the LES Saab 340. Its of similar quality to the IGEX 737(which is awesome), and a must have aircraft. Maybe a little small for your taste, but a great plane. 

I don't have the Jardesign Airbus, im not much of an airbus fan, but I heard a lot of good things about it.

Rob

Saab is awesome - a "competitor" to the pmdg JS41. I really enjoyed that plane in FSX but it killed my performance. The Saab performs well in XP10

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My answers are in Red below:

Hello Guys, 

I am happy flightsimmer, who use P3D and X-Plane regularly (both sims have pros and cons, we all know that). I started using X-Plane about 3 months ago, when IXEG 737 came out and I absolutely love it. 

However, by now I only use IXEG in X-Plane and would like to buy some new aircrafts for this platfom to diversify my flightsim experience :). On P3D I mainly fly on PMDG 737 & 777, majestic dash q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A320 (sometimes). Those aircrafts don't have any real competition in X-Plane I assume. 

I chose this forum instead of P3D forum because there are more on this forum, who use P3D also than X-Plane users in P3D forum (I assume :))

I would like to hear guys from you an honest opinion which addon is better in terms of general experience (I mean overall, subjective ranking.The most important thing for me is make a whole flight without suprises) :) 

Airbus A320 family

Aerosoft vs JarDesign - I own an Aerosoft one and it's solid aircraft as you know. Is JarDesign worth buying in this case? 

Aerosoft is better hands down. This is mostly due to the FMC beeing more stable and capable than the JAR Design.

Airbus A330

Blackbox vs JarDesign - I don't have any of these. I assume that JarDesign beats Blackbox in this case (till Aerosoft one?)

I don't own the blackbox, however from what i saw online and on streams, i would give it to Jardesign.

Airbus A340 

Jardesign annouced the developement of one, however it got pushed back in favor of the A319

Boeing 737 

PMDG is more complete overall (i refuse to say better), but what is available in the IXEG is way more immersive than on the NG. Also once you hear max thrust takeoff on the IXEG you will fall in love :)

Boeing 777

PMDG hands down not even the same ballgame. 

Boeing 747

SSG 747-8i is available but it even pales in comparison to the ifly.  FlyJSim are maybe doing a 747-100 at one point, but nothing is announced so far.

Boeing 757 

Captain sim/Quality Wings vs Flightfactor - Is flightfactor worth buying? Captain sim/Quality wings ones seems to do not work on P3D

This is better than the T7 from FF.  It is not as good as the P3D version systemwise. 3D cockpit does look better (or not if you are a fan of the photoreal texture panels). At one point FF announced that they would port the advances they made in the 767 back to the 757. Haven't heard anything from them about that, but if it happens, this baby will be great and better alternative.

Boeing 767 

No real P3D aircraft vs Flightfactor - A must buy next I suppose? I heard that this is 2nd best airliner after IXEG. 

Indeed this is their best work sofar. Think of it as Aersoft vs. PMDG.  It is not acomplete study sim, but what you need to fly online or use in normal operation works and is reliable. A satisfying plane to fly.

Embraer Family (170-195)

Wilco E-Jets vs ?? - It's interesting one. I used to use Wilco in FSX and still it is very nice aircraft (in terms of systems, etc). Is there any for X-Plane worth trying? 

There is x-crafts available and ssg just released a new one. I havent flown any of them so i can't realy comment

Mainly the Saab 340: its like a dash-8 without the fmc. Great study sim plane and very very satisfying to fly.

If you like steam guage planes i can not recommend enough the 737-200 and the 727-100/200  from Fly-J-Sim.  They are an absolut joy to fly and it is insane what one person is capable to achieve.

Lastly for Oddity: TU-154  if you like the russian tech from the old days :D

Arek

• Upvote 2

Arek

I pretty much agree with what alpha has said above.  I would say the Jar 330 improved a bit over the 320.  If you bought one or the other go for the 330.  You can't over state the immersion of the IXEG compared to the PMDG eventhough the PMDG is more complete at this time the textures are getting long in the tooth.  The sounds of the IXEG are imo the best of any addon I have ever owned.  The DreamFoil Embraer 110 is a fantastic little plane and is becoming one of my favorites.

• Upvote 3

Ryan

Hello Guys, 

Airbus A320 family

Airbus A330

Airbus A340 

Boeing 737 

Boeing 777

Boeing 747

Boeing 757 

Boeing 767 

Embraer Family (170-195)

Arek

Airbus A320: Aerosoft wins hands down. Jar design A320 is quirky, to say the least. 

Airbus A330: Don't know about the Blackbox one, however the Jardesign A330 is a clear improvement over their A320 I'd say.

Airbus A340: Have no clue of either platforms. Never used. 

B737: With you there. Both stunning. However the PMDG is the clear leader (yet). 

B777: The PMDG is so superior it is actually ridiculous. 

B747: The SSG747 is actually quite nice. I haven't don a ton of hours in it, and I don't even think I've flown the latest version but I've been happy with it. 

B757: I would give this to FF. It's really nice.

B767: Absolutely right. The nicest FF aircraft. Well worth it. 

Embraer: Can't tell. Have no for either platform. 

Addendum: 

You owe it to yourself to check out the FlyJsim 727 v2. It's freaking awesome. My fav as of late. 

The SAAB is also a definite buy. Excellent aircraft. 

The Tupolev Tu-154 is among the best you can get. Highly recommended. Love this one. 

Antonov AN-24 is also a gem (same dev as the excellent Tupolev). 

In conclusion I would say that there are lots of great aircraft nowadays for X-plane. This is becoming an expensive hobby..  :Tounge:

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12