Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Need help for finding compatible equipment to fly Aerosoft Airbus in P3D

I've been dying to fly this plane for years now, as I can't because it requires a dedicated throttle and I've been flying with my xbox 360 controller all this time. So I'm going to look into buying equipment that won't burn a hole in my pocket so that I can fly this bird.

Can you guys make suggestions on what equipment I can get that will be fully compatible with P3D and Windows 10 without too much tinkering.

I tend to fly GA aircrafts and tube liners like PMDG 777/737 mostly and now want to try the Aerosoft Airbus as well. I've had no problems using my xbox controller to fly those, but it won't work with the airbus.

I was looking at the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick because it has a throttle switch on there, but from watching a review on youtube, it looks very flimsy. Are there any other alternatives out there?

I would like a joystiick or setup that will allow me to fly GA, PMDG 777/737 and Aerosoft Airbus. I was looking at the Saitek too, and that looks nice, but expensive. 

Anyways, would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Look at the CH Yoke and pedals.  Reasonably priced and good quality.  I use mine with both PMDG and the Airbus as well as numerous GA aircraft.

Jeff Callender

Since money is an issue, I'd look at one of the inexpensive Saitek joysticks. In the past, there were a slew of problems reported by those flying the Aerosoft Airbus with the joystick you cited.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks guys, what about the Saitek x55? It's about $159 on Amazon. Expensive, but if it's worth it, I'll buy it.

I also see the x56 Rhino, but that's way more than I want to spend. What do you guys think about that?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm probably going to get hammered for this, but I'm still using my Microsoft Sidewinder I bought about 15 years ago and it's working perfectly to this day, with all my addon aircraft both in FSX and P3D. You can pick one up on Amazon for about 20 quid.

Having said that I'm sure there's a lot of benefit in having a more modern joystick, but in my situation, it's a case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it", and if money is an issue, well, I'll say no more. 

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

m probably going to get hammered for this, but I'm still using my Microsoft Sidewinder I bought about 15 years ago

Not at all Neal, the Sidewinder was a very well made joystick and people still purchase them used.  I had one back in the day and it never let me down! For the past 10 years I've used the Saitek Yoke, Rudder Pedals (I have both types) and dual throttle quadrants - really helps with Beta Testing new aircraft, and I wouldn't part with them especially given the cost being lower than compared to similar setups, but Saitek hasn't been producing throttle quadrants for some time for what is hypothesized as being financial problems controllers.

For a single joystick controller, I still recommend the Saitek, it's good quality and the cost is very low.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have the logitech extreme 3d pro, it has served me very well for more years than I can count, i'd say it's a solid buy. I use it all the time with the aerosoft A320.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have the saitek yoke, rudder pedals and throttle quadrant etc.. but most of the time i end up using my Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas Joystick ($49) on amazon; mostly because i am too lazy to spend the time to set it up on my desk etc. 

For my needs i feel it works really well (the Thrustmaster).

thx

Thanks guys, what about the Saitek x55? It's about $159 on Amazon. Expensive, but if it's worth it, I'll buy it.

I also see the x56 Rhino, but that's way more than I want to spend. What do you guys think about that?

I have the X55 Rhino one of the best sticks I ever owned :-)

André

I have the logitech extreme 3d pro, it has served me very well for more years than I can count, i'd say it's a solid buy. I use it all the time with the aerosoft A320.

+1

NAX669.png

Could you guys tell me more about the Saitek X52 pro, X55, and X56 Rhino? RIght now I'm looking between these model but can't decide on which one to go with. I've been trying to watch reviews online.

I'm considering the X52 Pro because of the price, but the throttle is not a dual throttle, so will it still work for planes that have more than 1 throttle such as the Aerosoft Airbus? The price difference between the X52 Pro and the X56 Rhino is about $100, but the X56 Rhino's throttle has independent dual levers. 

I'm also wondering about all the buttons that it comes with, will I be able to bind any functions to the buttons? I've never flight simmed with a setup like this before. I've been using mostly a combination of keyboard, mouse and gamepad. But with a setup like Saitek X52,X55,X56, will I be able to fly and do everything with the 2 controllers (flight stick, throttle) and not have to rely on my keyboard and mouse? That would make it a definite buy for me if I can control everything including navigating the menus, or changing camera views with EZDOK using the Saitek. For you guys who have this setup let me know whats possible and what I'm possibly missing out on.

And most importantly will these work fully with Windows 10? If I can recall correctly, I read about incompatibility issues with certain hardware not functioning well. 

It would be great if I can assign the most used features to the buttons on the controllers, such as landing gear, flaps, lights, RTO switch, trim wheel, EZDOK cam presets, panning around, brakes, rudders, etc.

If all this is possible, then I will definitely consider spending a little more to get one of the Saitek series.

Haha :-D

Same here!!!!

I do not remember how many years ago I bought this badboy.... but it still works flawlessly!

I fly Aerosoft Airbus + PMDG 777

@Captain: One axis for throttle is enough for the bus. You don't need an axis for each engine. And assigning buttons should not be a problem. I have assigned AP off, Flaps, trim, gear up/down etc. to the buttons without any problems.

If you cannot via P3D you can always assign it via FSUIPC.