Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Could someone share full flight plans for PMDG 777

I was wondering if some of you could share some of your favorite routes for the PMDG 777. So that I can load up into the FMS and just fly.

Whenever I use PFPX to create flight plans, I end up messing something up,e specially towards the approach, and my plane ends up missing the waypoint all together and then I'm off path and cant recover myself down to the localizer to land. I have been unsuccessful most of the time in landing.

I really would like to load up a flight plan and just have it be automated as much as possible without having to fiddle around.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Do you normally check the LEGS page against any arrival / Approach charts?

If you don't have the charts, I guess the best way is to at least look up on the ND in PLN mode to see if those waypoints line up correctly or make any sense to you.

Sometimes in real life the ACARS failed and we cannot download the route automatically, we do manual entries anyways in the RTE page. Even if the route are downloaded automatically quite often some way points are missing as well.

I was wondering if some of you could share some of your favorite routes for the PMDG 777. So that I can load up into the FMS and just fly.

Whenever I use PFPX to create flight plans, I end up messing something up,e specially towards the approach, and my plane ends up missing the waypoint all together and then I'm off path and cant recover myself down to the localizer to land. I have been unsuccessful most of the time in landing.

I really would like to load up a flight plan and just have it be automated as much as possible without having to fiddle around.

When you import flight plans from PFPX into he T7 FMS you still need to insert your STAR and approach. The SIDs, STARs and approach you select in PFPX don't get loaded into the FMS of the T7 when you import it.

Perhaps that's part of your problem.

Even if people uploaded flight plans for you to import into the FMS, you'd still have the same issue.

What you need to do is learn to use PRPX more effectively and also learn how to operate your jet more effectively to solve the issue. Don't rely on the automation too much if you do have an understanding on how it all works.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I understand that you have to assign the SID/STARS after loading up your flight plan. I've done this many times before, but never seem to have much success know matter how often I've looked at tutorials or read up on the subject. But my main problem is that I cannot seem to choose the proper STAR and or transfer(?) that will perfectly align me up with the approaching runway. Something seems to be always off. Yes, I've tried to check the PLN mode to see the route, sometimes it gets confusing.

For example, I created a flight plan in PFX for KLAX to KSFO... this is what it gave me:

VTU6 RZS J501 BSR BSR2

let's say I want to take off runway 25R at KLAX and arrive at runway 28R in KSFO... what SID/STAR should I choose? I am not flying online or using ATC, and not using any weather either. Is there a way to choose without looking at charts, or is there some program that will help you find exact SID/STAR with transition if needed for you. Basically I am looking for a program that will take away any guesswork from what SID/STAR/transitions to use. What's terrible is that when flying a long 5+ hour route, only to find out when you're about to land, that your route is incorrect.

I wish PFPX would be able to tell me what SID/STAR/transition to use, since it automatically selects what runway I need for departure and arrival, so why can't it assign me the proper SID/STAR from within the program itself?

UPDATE: Well upon looking further, when selecting EDIT on the route that PFPX created for me, it does seem that PFPX assigned a SID/STAR/TRANSITION... For KLAX/25R it gave me SID of VTU6 and transition RZS, and for KSFO/28R it gave me BSR2. So I guess I can use what PFPX gave me and select those in my FMS then?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I am not flying online or using ATC, and not using any weather either. Is there a way to choose without looking at charts, or is there some program that will help you find exact SID/STAR with transition if needed for you.

If you are not already familiar with the SID/STARs at the airport you are flying from/to then you really need to use charts in conjunction with your decision making process, or wait for ATC to assign you with one, if on VATSIM.

As a general clue the SID/STAR will always be named similarly to the first and last waypoint on your flightplan.

Have a look here. The methodology is explained.

https://www.vatsim.net/pilot-resource-centre/ifr-specific-lessons/sids-and-stars

So I guess I can use what PFPX gave me and select those in my FMS then?

Generally speaking, PFPX does a good job of assigning an appropriate SID/STAR. I generally use the assigned SID/STAR and amend as needed based on ATC clearances, runway changes etc.

If you are not flying in an ATC environment, I wouldn't get too wound up about it, You can basically do what you want. . If you are bent out of shape about being realistic, then I would recommend trying VATSIM. It forces you to think about what you are doing and teaches you alot in the process.

Aaron..

Send me a pm I'll help you out. Im a dispatcher by trade so flightplans are my speciallity.

If I remember rightly in pfpx you sometimes have to choose the transition of the sid manually.

Like I said send me a pm I'll teamviewer onto your pfpx and see whats happening.

Cheers

14ppkc-6.png

Thanks guys, yes I'm not interested in flying by the book or into procedures, I'm a casual flyer. Not interested in flying online or with ATC. I just want to quickly make a flight plan and load up the plan in FMS and have the plane fly it without much tweaking if at all.

tooting, that sounds great! :) thanks for your help!

Another thing Is the airac being used In pfpx the same as the 777, if they are different you will have all sorts of issues.

Have a look at edi-gla.co.uk it's a great resource for finding route strings on standard routings (Ie not china, Japan or Russian routings) if you can get a copy of the jeppesen electronic pages they have a copy of the upto date China,Russia and mid East routing documents.

14ppkc-6.png

Have a look at edi-gla.co.uk it's a great resource for finding route strings on standard routings (Ie not china, Japan or Russian routings) if you can get a copy of the jeppesen electronic pages they have a copy of the upto date China,Russia and mid East routing documents.

That looks like a great resource Pete.  Unfortunately the site seems to be down 'until further notice'.  You can't register to use it atm.

Ok it's working for me. Like the others said flightaware and flightwise are good for standard usa and Canada routings

14ppkc-6.png

tooting, on 20 Jul 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

Ok it's working for me. Like the others said flightaware and flightwise are good for standard usa and Canada routings

I've used FlightAware for a number of years. Although PFPX assigns acceptable routings, it would be good to get RW routings  for the European region, which Flightaware doesn't do.

I'll try the site later again.

Simbrief is a really good site for quick and dirty flight plans which can be imported into the 777/737/Q400/Airbus. It will create you a really accurate plan (with more accurate fuel burn than PFPX for the Q400 in our experience) and assigns runways based on the current wind and also assign the correct SID and STAR. It can be very time consuming to select the correct SIDS and STARS yourself, especially at bigger airports where there will be dozens of them. Selecting the wrong one will end badly in many cases. The only gotcha with Simbrief is that it sometimes assigns a rather funky destination alternate so make sure you manually intervene to get a more suitable one.

• Upvote 2

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Yes I also recommend Simbrief http://www.simbrief.com/home/

I also use the Navigraph updater so that my airac's are up to date.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020