Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Air Transat Pilots Arrested----being intoxicated

Real life isn't simming - you can't just hop into your Airbus cockpit whilst enjoying a pint of beer!

I wonder if they are guilty as charged? If so.... can I have one of their jobs? :P 

Bit of poor communication by the airline - why weren't they told there were no flights until the following day? Surely Air Transat would know if they could replace the pilots or not and how long it would take? Shame it wasn't £200 instead of CAN$, after all, they were in the UK! :D 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Wow a little too much fun in Glasgow, I would think best to not drink at all when flying as too much on the line. The $200 vouchers offered by the airline doesn't seem to be compliant with EU rules, it is a charter airline and they seem to be trying to avoid paying out. I think the EU passenger rights says it should be 600 Euros

Matthew Kane

345 passengers and a crew of nine using  a  737?

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Looked like an airbus A310 to me - see the winglets?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

They used to operate those A310s from Manchester before being replaced with A330s.

They have appeared in court today.

It was an 310. In the 9 years I have worked in operations and 10 years before that as long haul cabin crew I've seen it probably 15 or so times a driver or cabin crew had being pulled off for smelling of booze. Post 9/11 it was a different ball game we would quite often drink alot the night before and no one cared. The turning point in the UK was a documentary by dispatches channel 4 in 2000 where they secretly filmed ba guys in the black sheep in Barcelona getting hammered then flying back. All their careers finished.

I was in the black sheep the week before with bmi (I started with them) and was sinking beers. I was 20 years old and stupid. The following year was 9/11 which changed the game forever

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png