Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Traffic settings in P3D

Hi!

Im not using any addons of traffic. I have only imported airplanes and trafficroutes myself. I always thought i had the settings right, but today i looked at it again.

Airline traffic density - Is that the one that supposed to be on 100% to get all the routes working?

Because i had a look at General aviation traffic density and when hoovering the mouse over the slider it says 'move the slider to adjust personal aircraft traffic volume on the ground and in the air'.

I have the last one on 15%.

So what are the differences between those two?

One being commercial jets, the other being GA, as in small private planes etc. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

One being commercial jets, the other being GA, as in small private planes etc. 

Ah ok. Thanks. Should have figured out that one by my self :P

Hi!

Im not using any addons of traffic. I have only imported airplanes and trafficroutes myself. I always thought i had the settings right, but today i looked at it again.

Airline traffic density - Is that the one that supposed to be on 100% to get all the routes working?

Because i had a look at General aviation traffic density and when hoovering the mouse over the slider it says 'move the slider to adjust personal aircraft traffic volume on the ground and in the air'.

I have the last one on 15%.

So what are the differences between those two?

It depends on the percentage in the traffic route files in combination with the slider settings in P3D, how much commercial aviation you will see or GA for that matter ;-)

Traffic bgl files can be found in the p3d Scenery\World\scenery directory and in the sdk tools for decompiling them and to see the percentage levels.

There are also other tools in the library here at AVSIM.

You have tree sliders for traffic related to airport and air traffic:

- first is the traffic density for commercial aviation around your aircraft traffic bubble

- Second is  traffic density fo  general  aviation around your aircraft traffic bubble

- Third is the traffic density of ground vehicles on your airports

The first two options will look in the traffic bgl files and load everything defined in that file regarding the same percentage or lower compared to the sliders in P3D,

everything above will be ignored.

So for example you have the slider in P3D set at 50% the software will load all traffic from the corresponding traffic bgl files with a percentage of 50 or lower.

Hope it's helpful.

André