Sign in to follow this  
Guest CowlFlapsOpen

FsScene or Birds Eye View?

Here's a preview of the BEV fall textures to be released soon.This is "upstate" NY in the Catskill Mts :-)131546.jpg

Guest jennifer

FS Scene v BEV. For me it's no contest. I've always had a problem with FSScene with the colour saturation. They look way too ....well colourful!! Nice if you want to fly over a landscape on acid (:-ufo2) but a sober flight requires BEV. The other issue is the autogen alignment...BEV again, although Ruud has no option now but to follow suit and is working on a fix I believe.

Guest bobsk8

I see that most of the shots are from GA aircraft at low altitudes. Is there any advantage to getting either one of these, if 95% of your flying is at high Altitude?

>Hey-I'm from Detroit area Mi. also-but I think in MSFS the>summer textures are the only ones that look realistic vs. the>real world. The fall textures look "cartoonish" to me-the>winter are somewhat realistic-but I hate flying in winter-both>real and simulated.>And then, as I said before :), out here in the west, the summer textures looked to phoney on the mountains, and I always resorted to "fall"! But thanks to BEV, the summer textures are now much better; however, I eagerly await the fall textures.And luckily, living in Utah, we can fly over magnificiant snow covered ski resort areas (2002 Olympics area)in the winter with -6 degree temps at altitude; then southward to much warmer and photogeneic desert areas such as Lake Powell, Canyonlands, and Monument Valley, and back, all in one day! :D L.Adamson

>I see that most of the shots are from GA aircraft at low>altitudes. Is there any advantage to getting either one of>these, if 95% of your flying is at high Altitude? I'll have to try that this evening. I do a lot of low alitude flight over the mountains of the western U.S., but then I often take the freeware F-16 Viper to 35,000' msl over these areas. MSFS combined with FS Genesis mesh looks great at these higher altitudes. Just havn't done it since the BEV installation, though.L.Adamson

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

I have BEV. Fantastic! First, this .NET issue is a non-issue. I've had no problems for years (and I am very picky) and many things are moving that way (ATI's latest Catalyst Driver suite, for example, as I recall). I realize that some folks wilt at the thought of .NET or anything else microsoft. Never uninstalled BEV so I don't know anything about that. Very professional support and responsive to user feedback. And, yes, it is worth having even if you fly heavies--at somepoint you have to come down! Your appraoch will be so much more fun.The idea that the configurator was buggy is hyperbole. There was a couple of small issues that were fixed within days and affected only some users by not allowing them access to some of the textures. Not like it was causing CTDs or corrupt files or things like that. Big drawback: They are a season behind. Summer came out in fall and fall will come out in winter, winter in spring, etc. This IS very frustrating! No doubt. But through the magic of ActiveSky V I fly only in August for the moment so I can take advantage. I'm sure this wasn't planned and the alternative is to rush out substandard textures. There is a very simple work around if this is intolerable to you. Don't buy the program until next summer. All the seasons will be out by about then. Problem solved. Not me, though, I plan to enjoy the scenes in the meantime.