Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

GPS for A2a Cessna 172.

Just for clarification, Jay, let me get this right as this thread has intrigued me as I have several A2A aircraft. I have a Navigraph subscription so are you saying that if I opted for either of these GTNs from Flight 1 I would not be able to use the AIRAC cycles from Navigraph?

No you cant use navigraph. If you know someone at your local fbo with access to the update thats the only way to get updates

• Upvote 1

If you know someone at your local fbo with access to the update thats the only way to get updates

Actually, someone started a thread awhile back on the official A2A forums where they posted an updated AIRAC that was developed for the GTN units in just this fashion. After that one version, the person never updated the files, though.

Nothing is easy...  I purchased the P3D version of  the GTN 650, downloaded the Trainer light, installed everything, and when I start P3d it says." F1 GTN error.. Incompatible simulator version, current version 3.2.3.16769, these gauges will only work with P3D. You are either running hem in FSX SP2/acceleration or in a newer unsupported version of P3D.. . Well that is the version of P3D I have, 3.2  I click OK, the C 172 comes up with the old GPS,,,   :fool:

Then the other issue is the configurator is supposed to give you a look at the panel when you set it up, and all I get is a black box with nothing in it. Guess I have to fill out a Flight 1 ticket now....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just run F1 update tool. It will update to newest version.

• Upvote 2

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Just run F1 update tool. It will update to newest version.

+1

• Upvote 1

Bert

Also run the a2a configuration utility so you can assign the GTN 650 to your C172.

• Upvote 2

"Also run the a2a configuration utility so you can assign the GTN 650 to your C172"

This

Also, as suggested above, use the F1 updater tool to update the GTN.

Fly safe

• Upvote 1

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Got it all working. I updated it last night which was the first bump in the road solved, and then the tool I used to extract the Trainer Lite messed it up somehow, and I didn't see the install file that was part of it. I extracted it again, ran the trainer lite setup and now everything works. And I tried a couple of waypoints that Mindstar couldn't find, and they popped right up.... :smile:

Just played with it this morning and programmed in a flight plan in about 2 minutes that would have taken me much longer in the Mindstar GPS, even if it could have found any of the waypoints. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just wanted to thanks the folks for recommending the Flight 1 GTN series. I have been flying it in the A2A C 172 ever since I installed it. It is fantastic, in fact, I haven't found anything that it does do perfectly. Maps, charts, procedures, it is all there. It installs easily and perfectly in both A2A aircraft I have, the 172, and the Cherokee 180. I forgot how much fun it is to fly both these aircraft, and with the GTN 650, it is a thrill.   

• Upvote 1

Glad you're enjoying it Bob, the F1 GTN GPS units are great.

Fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Actually, someone started a thread awhile back on the official A2A forums where they posted an updated AIRAC that was developed for the GTN units in just this fashion. After that one version, the person never updated the files, though.

So, if I purchase the GTN650, does it come pre-loaded with its own NavData as it has been pointed out that I would not be able to use my Navigraph subscription, or does that NavData for GTN units have to be purchased from Flight1?

I love the GTN units, however I still wish and hope for crossfill support. That's a big downer for me. :(

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

So, if I purchase the GTN650, does it come pre-loaded with its own NavData as it has been pointed out that I would not be able to use my Navigraph subscription, or does that NavData for GTN units have to be purchased from Flight1?

It comes with it's own Navdata. 

Thanks, Bob. Just what I needed to know. Now I can make use of my complement of A2A's.