Hi All,

I have FSX set to send voice  to my headset. However when i dial in 122.00 to get departure weather it does not come to my headset but over the aircraft sound. Is there a setting somewhere that i need to get to, and change it? Would like all voice to the headset.

Thanks for help!!!

In AS16:

Options, Audio Options, Preferred Sound Device.

Then match the Windows playback device that controls your headset (usually the default communications device in FSX/P3d). Click the speaker icon in the Windows taskbar area, then Playback Devices and check to see what device that you have your headset set to.

Many thanks Jay! I would never have figured this out myself!!

cheers

Lennie

Jay, worked just as you said, many thanks! As I am new to AS16 can I ask another question? I am in the Eastern US time zone, and I want to use LIVE weather; but its 7PM here local time, and i want to fly in England with ORBX, and want to fly in daylight. If i change the time in FSX to a daylight time in the UK, say 2PM; what will I get for live weather? 

Just curious. Any replies greatly appreciated!!

Lennie

North Carolina

Lennie,

That's actually a very interesting question and I'm not sure I know the answer for AS16. But I've always assumed that ASN injected live weather based on the actual weather from the most recent METARs at or near the flight location.. If one does not use the actual clock time at your physical location for the time in the sim, this will lead to some odd circumstances, like afternoon heating thunderstorms  at 2 AM. If one wanted to fly in the daylight hours in England and you are in NC, you could try using AS16 historical weather that matched the time in the sim in England ("force historical  time to sim time"). But then you'd be a day behind.

Maybe someone else has a better answer for you. You might want to pose this question on the HiFi official message board.

Jay

ASN or AS16 inject live weather regardless of what time or date your FSX clock is set to unless your using historical weather, simple as that.

If you live in Alaska and have it set to live weather, then you'll get the live weather all over the world at that time regardless of what time FSX is set to.

No need to overthink this or over complicate it. That's why they also have historical weather as an option that can be linked to the time and date your clock is set to in FSX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Jim, I am a little "thick-headed"! Maybe walk me through this scenario: I am in eastern US time zone at 18:00 - load AS16 and live weather gives me actual UK weather at 2300 hrs there?? [currently 5 hr time dif]  But to enjoy the scenery from say Coventry over to Manchester I would like afternoon weather at 1500 hrs - 3pm; so to get that weather I need to use historical and not live weather?

Or am I over complicating things?

cheers!

Or am I over complicating things?

cheers!

Yes!! Lol

When you use realtime weather it downloads the weather for the whole world at that time.

If you want to fly at a different time using historical weather then you will plug into As16 the time and date of the weather you wish to use. Remember the time is in GMT and not military time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator