Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

No smoking sign logic?

Many carriers that still use the no smoking sign, have the auto setting keep the no smoking sign on at all times. The pmdg logic behind this I believe, dings it off once you take off and put up the gear. Is there a way this can be changed? Thanks - David Lee

Is there a way this can be changed?

Hi,

Put it on the position ON!  :ph34r:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi,

Put it on the position ON!  :ph34r:

I will repeat myself. Most carriers have the switch in the AUTO position and that keeps it on all the time, since you cannot smoke any more - David Lee

I know it was just a joke, sorry (hence the hood).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Many carriers that still use the no smoking sign
I smoke all the time in the cockpit. In fact, I think I will light up right now.
  • Upvote 4

I will repeat myself. Most carriers have the switch in the AUTO position and that keeps it on all the time, since you cannot smoke any more - David Lee

How do you know most carriers do this? In that case the AUTO position must be exactly the same as the ON position. Why duplicate it?

It is normal to use the seatbelt sign AUTO position to switch them off when in cruise. But no smoking, if installed might just as well be left ON.

• Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

I believe it's wired so the light stays on regardless of 'No Smoking' switch position. The 'dings' produced by moving the switch (or automatically if left in 'Auto') are used to alert the cabin before takeoff/landing I believe.

Keep political discussions to political forums, or news site and YouTube comments (best of luck to your intelligence and blood pressure if you choose to take the latter).

(For those curious about what I'm referring to, the posts that took a quick turn into politicking have been removed.)

Kyle Rodgers

David,

On the fleet we operate the Auto position was actually relabeled from AUTO to ON so now we have OFF/ON/ON.  The Ding still occurs but the sign never turns off.

• Upvote 1

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

David,

On the fleet we operate the Auto position was actually relabeled from AUTO to ON so now we have OFF/ON/ON.  The Ding still occurs but the sign never turns off.

Thank you for this info. So the PMDG is modeled like this, with the switch set to AUTO, it stays on, and the ding occurs with gear up? - David Lee