Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

STEC autopilot

Not quite sure about the autopilot... when flying in VS mode, it takes two pushes

on the ALT button to switch to ALT hold mode.  That does not seem right..

Bert

<p>Same here FSX Win7. First click v/s turns off, second click trim_alt turns on. Don</p>

Don Nelson

Nav can be pre-selected before AP master turned on but not Alt

The STEC manual states that ALT can only be engaged after a lateral mode (HDG, NAV..) has been engaged.

I'll have to go through the code and clean it up.. Alabeo has taken the old Malibu autopilot and "simplified" it,

making a hash of it in the process..   Need a rainy day or two to get around to it though..  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Bert

I'll have to go through the code and clean it up.. Alabeo has taken the old Malibu autopilot and "simplified" it,

making a hash of it in the process..   Need a rainy day or two to get around to it though..  :wink:

Hi Bert,

I had hoped you would say that :smile:

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Send me a PM with your email address if you would like to try a reprogrammed autopilot.

Bert

Another reason why I can't bring myself to buy Alabeo stuff anymore.  Avionics quality is really disappointing.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

With the "touched up" autopilot and the GTN 750, it is quite nice to fly  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Bert

Bert your modified stec v8 work correctly above and below 10,000. Each function responded immediately and performed without error on my machine. I use FSX Gold, Win7, GTN750, and with the usual addon's REX, ASN, Orbx etc. You really worked hard on that thing with all the updates. I appreciate you dedication to help the rest of us. 

Note - (not meant to distract from the stec mods)

While I was cruising back to KSEA I tried to dial in the NDB freq 244.0 and found the middle digit cannot be changed.

The HSI Glideslope indicator arrow appeared green, it would be nice to change this white or orange for better visibility.

Don Nelson

Thanks for the feedback on the autopilot!

For the other items, you will have to contact Alabeo :wink:

Bert

While I was cruising back to KSEA I tried to dial in the NDB freq 244.0 and found the middle digit cannot be changed.

The HSI Glideslope indicator arrow appeared green, it would be nice to change this white or orange for better visibility.

You have to right click on the inner or outer button to change the dialing. Each button has 2 functions. Right and left click on them and you will see. Hope it could help.

Real Deraps

On 7/21/2016 at 1:24 AM, Bert Pieke said:

With the "touched up" autopilot and the GTN 750, it is quite nice to fly  :smile:

Thanks again for the file Bert. Do you know which files need to be replaced for the PA44 with F1GTN and P3DV4?

I had a look but the panel folder you sent (panel.gtn) contains several folders, and the gauges folder in my installation still uses .cab files it seems.

Here's the folder structure you sent me in the archive:

CustomPA44 (folder)

Gauge_APPA44 (folder)

Gauge_PA44 (folder)

PA44 (folder)

panel.cfg (file

I really only fly the Seminole with the GTN 750 and steam gauges.

Sorry to be a bother.