Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

STEC autopilot

Do not replace anything.

Just add the panel.gtn folder alongside the panel folder.

In the aircraft.cfg file, select one or several variations with panel=gtn

That is it!

• Upvote 1

Bert

Hey Bert. I installed your EGT and autopilot fixes in the Seminole and I just finished a great flight with it. :biggrin: Since I did the autopilot fix I don't seem to have a click spot to bring up the autopilot control head. Any ideas on what I may have done? A couple of the other 'Shift Number' menu's don't come up now either.

Not a game stopper and it might be a good reason to get that bigger monitor that I have been looking at. :biggrin:

Thanks for your good work Bert.

Bill  N7IBG     

1 hour ago, Bill Griffith said:

Hey Bert. I installed your EGT and autopilot fixes in the Seminole and I just finished a great flight with it. :biggrin: Since I did the autopilot fix I don't seem to have a click spot to bring up the autopilot control head. Any ideas on what I may have done? A couple of the other 'Shift Number' menu's don't come up now either.

Not a game stopper and it might be a good reason to get that bigger monitor that I have been looking at. :biggrin:

Thanks for your good work Bert.

I did not include a popup autopilot... after you get your bigger monitor, it should all be well again  :happy:

Or, the + key will zoom in on the panel..

Bert

21 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I did not include a popup autopilot... after you get your bigger monitor, it should all be well again  :happy:

Or, the + key will zoom in on the panel..

That explains it.  :biggrin:  As long as it wasn't something I did that broke something.  :huh:  Thanks Bert.  Off to look at that bigger monitor.  :laugh:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

You can edit the panel.cfg to include the autopilot pop-up:

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main
Window01=GTN 750
Window02=AUTOPILOT
Window03=WINDOW MANAGER
Window04=INFO
Window05=ENGINE SETUP
Window06=KNOB INFO

As Bert has pointed out, there is more to it then just that entry.   It isn't much of a problem for me.  Only when I'm dialing in a Vertical speed setting, the small numbers are hard to make out.  I have set a view in Chase Plane that moves the view in closer for setting the VS.  And that bigger monitor also will help.  :laugh:  It is better to have the autopilot working correctly, not to mention Bert's EGT fix.  I don't have to zoom in on the EGT gauge to see a peak now.  Thanks again Bert.  :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it as Bert had Shift+3 as "Blank". I'm sure Bert knew...

I undock the GTN and AP, and move them to a second monitor where they can be sized as big as houses if I desire. ;)

1 hour ago, pchamney said:

I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it as Bert had Shift+3 as "Blank". I'm sure Bert knew...

I undock the GTN and AP, and move them to a second monitor where they can be sized as big as houses if I desire. ;)

Thank you for the suggestions.  "as big as houses if I desire."  :biggrin:  That would work.

Bill  N7IBG     

3 hours ago, pchamney said:

I did not update the 2d AP code, so it may or may not work completely..

If it does.. Great :biggrin:

Bert

On 23/08/2017 at 4:56 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I did not update the 2d AP code, so it may or may not work completely..

If it does.. Great :biggrin:

Well, it pops up the GTN and AP so I that I can undock and move them to another monitor, so it works perfectly for me. :gaul:

I can even capture a glideslope which I never could do before. Wait! Are you saying that user inputs to the 2D window don't use your modded AP code somehow? :blink:

1 hour ago, pchamney said:

Well, it pops up the GTN and AP so I that I can undock and move them to another monitor, so it works perfectly for me. :gaul:

I can even capture a glideslope which I never could do before. Wait! Are you saying that user inputs to the 2D window don't use your modded AP code somehow? :blink:

I'm not sure that all the changes I made to the AP would be reflected in the 2d version, but they may be.. I do not know.

Bert

OK, thanks Bert. Seems to be running fine so crossed fingers and don't fix it if it ain't broke type of thing.

Thanks again Bert, for the autopilot fix.

This seems to be a really nice airplane- I really like the engine sounds.