Sign in to follow this  
gaputz

FSPXAI - BOEING 787-8 AND -9

Does anyone know why the FSXAI Boeing 787 AI model for FS9 is payware (EUR 12.50 at Simmarket) and the FSX/P3D models are freeware (can be found in the AVSIM library) ?   

From FSPainter himself. Posted on the AIG forums in early June.

"////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

About FS9 version

This time I got many messages and posts those are described FS9 version treatment of mine, and I really
recognized  that so many fs9 user still existing and enjoying their own style, so I came to conclusion
that it is not good way to ignore their request completely. Well, I continuet FS9 version in the future,
on a condition..

FS9 version go to payware

I'm going to write the reasons and my thought.

Firstly, already I have left from FS9 long time before, now play and development platform is mainly P3D
(occasionally FSX box and steam for development check). Most recent FS9 boot was when I've been in check
 stage for MD11 release.

Next, the biggest reason I got back to the AI plane development is rather personal reason that I want more
FSX native model and fill them those are still very few in the AI scene to the respectful AI community
where I had enjoyed about 15 years ago, and want to play around and AI spotting with those models in the sim .
In other words, it is not the activity intended for FS9.

However, before the release of A350, I have received not a little requests for FS9 version release.So I did both
FSX and FS9 version at the same time for respond to requests while it was not a real intention of mine.
But,additional works for FS9 version was rather hard and painful, for that reason I gradually began to regret that
"I should not do this". And in the term of MD11 development, this feeling gone to more wrong place
"No more I want FS9". So now I feel kinda disgust to FS9 version development .May be anyone cannot continue one's
work while keeping such negative feeling compulsory,mandatory, caused something pains.

So now it comes in my mind that respond to the request of FS9 version is almost same as what the work I am forced
a mandatory without payback. I think almost all people hate such outrageous position unless in penal servitude.

The best way to sublimate such pain and mandatory labor up to Win-Win relation with me and fs9 user is,
of course to get a fair payback.

This is the main reason of FS9 version to be payware. And I think that it is natural human nature, and a universal
 activity or fair trade in the modern society, Also I think this way is just the Win-Win solution as
"Get something instead of giving up something" for each other.

I'm sorry about poor English. but I'm glad if you could understand my honest thought.

2nd June 2016"

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Does anyone know why the FSXAI Boeing 787 AI model for FS9 is payware (EUR 12.50 at Simmarket) and the FSX/P3D models are freeware (can be found in the AVSIM library) ?   

Because the modeller Missi is not a FS9 fan. For him to make the FSX model was fun, the FS9 model work.....so he charged for it.

But as we all know, fun was FS98 and before....now FS development is now all work work work.  :lol:

So which model is more accurate FSXAI or UTT? I want to use the most accurate model.

I dont want make any commercial but fspx has 2 models. RR and GE in FSX version for 787-8 and -9. So it have to be in fs9 version too.

Utt has only 1 model. So thats your choise.

So now I feel kinda disgust to FS9 version development .May be anyone cannot continue one's
work while keeping such negative feeling compulsory,mandatory, caused something pains.

[...]

The best way to sublimate such pain and mandatory labor up to Win-Win relation with me and fs9 user is,
of course to get a fair payback.

With all due respect, this is a strange attitude. Such a strong FS9 disgust, but for money...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Such a strong FS9 disgust, but for money...

Keep in mind the post was written in Japanese and then converted so I wouldn't take it word for word. When the dev used FS9 he only modeled FS9. He has said openly that he models aircraft to use them in his sim, so now that he's moved on why would he continue to make models that he's not going to use?

why would he continue to make models that he's not going to use?

That's exactly the thing I wonder about: I wouldn't do that even for money.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I agree with Harald.  Why do a FS9 version if it is such a heavy burden?  Why not just be done with it and tell the FS9 community it is just too much work.  This is what many of the scenery developers have done.  On the other hand I bet there are many of us who would gladly pay a premium to get a FS9 version of the latest FSX/P3D airport scenery.  An extra fee for the extra development costs would be fair.  But, for some reason it doesn't quite feel fair when one segment of the sim community is asked to pay and the other segment pays absolutely nothing.  I guess if it is something we want badly enough we will pay the price.      

There was enough requests I suppose that he decided to do it, but as it was out of his way he decided to charge for it.. He's worked hard over the years and provided everything for free, good on him I say.

I dont want make any commercial but fspx has 2 models. RR and GE in FSX version for 787-8 and -9. So it have to be in fs9 version too.

Utt has only 1 model. So thats your choise.

Well that answers my question. I will be buying the FSXAI model.

I probably won't... for now.

Here's my installed freeware Camsim B789 (Top) and UTT B788 and I find them quite satisfactory.

I suspect we will get more repaints on the freeware versions too! 

gKuPV0.jpg

I somehow expected an animated pushback truck on the Camsim model, given his penchant for hang-ons on the flyable model...

I would like to know more about the AI models myself. Both of them look very nice but what about the animations?

Do they both have flaps set for takeoff, nose wheel steers when negotiating turns on the ground, good bogie/reverser/spoiler animation...etc etc.

If I said 10 years ago people would be charging for ai models I would of been. Laughed at. I don't know what's more upsetting seeing young kids spend their pocket money on ai traffic or giving it to an huge obese twitch streamer to pay for his ibook and monitor or some dirty conning Ryanair pilot.

14ppkc-6.png